Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Text colour

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member
joeyboygolf Posted: Mon, Feb 13 2012 5:19 PM

I would suggest that the text and outline of the text box is a little too light to make the posts easy to read and distinguish between posts. Needs to be a darker shade of blue.

Anybody agree?

Regards Graham

Stotty1111
Top 100 Contributor
Finistere - Dept 29
Posts 962
Gold Member

Thought it was just me, glad to tag along!

Tony

I work on the KISS principle  -  Keep it Simple Stupid

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 5:35 PM

Not a problem for me TBH.

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

The text colour in the actual post is fine but in the Topics screen is too light.

Regards Graham

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:05 PM

joeyboygolf:
The text colour in the actual post is fine but in the Topics screen is too light.

I agree. The entire colour scheme is a bit low contrast to my tastes (and eyes), but just making all the links darker would be an easy way to improve readability.

IMHO, the colour of the post text could as well simply be black. It is now somewhat gray, which really only makes it harder to read.

--mika

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:22 PM

I wonder, though, if the current format might be best for our tablet-based future.Sad

EDIT

Hey, edit is back!

I purposely made the above statement ambiguous (or at least open to multiple interpretations).  I am referring to the "current format" of the beta forum, not what's currently live and in place.

EDIT of the EDIT

And I did that to test editing.

Test succeeds!

Stotty1111
Top 100 Contributor
Finistere - Dept 29
Posts 962
Gold Member

Dohhhh come on , I take tablets for headaches, haven't got one yet but who knowsCool

Also have only just made the jump from a desktop to a laptop and you're indicating more expense?

We old farts are miles behind modern technology wise!

Tony

I work on the KISS principle  -  Keep it Simple Stupid

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

First of all, let me thank you all for providing the feedback to help make this a really good forum going forward.

I have taken the time to test the forum using 5 different screens today and the one screen which was more difficult to read was my Samsung laptop when running on battery only which means the brightness/contrast is turned down.

Having said that I agree it would help if the text is black rather than grey, but I am going to pass that decision over to Lee because I know he likes the current "Look & Feel" which does look good on a Mac in particular (my wife has one)

I believe that the issues with EDIT on all forums as of this evening are now resolved and it only needs you all to re-confirm that fact.

Other than the points raised above I believe I have resolved all outstanding issues except "Insert Media" which does not lookup site files or known files in your profile. I have not tracked down the cause of this issue at present, but I think I have only noted one member who to far has raised the issue. The main reason is that most images are added by users from the OPTIONS tab without problems.

Regards Keith....

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

Having said that I agree it would help if the text is black rather than grey, but I am going to pass that decision over to Lee because I know he likes the current "Look & Feel" which does look good on a Mac in particular (my wife has one)

Personally, I don't care what it looks like on a Mac!!

The majority of users will be working with Windows PC's/Laptops and it is we/they who should be accomodated and the minority Mac users should be left squinting at their screens like I am at the moment.

Regards Graham

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 8:47 PM

I disagree - whatever Lee wants is fine with me.

NOTE

Clicked on the link in the Email of JBG's post, and no more error!

EDIT

ADDITIONAL NOTE

Edit option under More available.

Testing edit....

SECOND EDIT

Edit test passes!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:17 PM

It's OK on my lappy when on mains power, and just about legible on battery if you look closely (although that does tend to leave smear marks from my nose)Big Smile

Can we ask others (a poll maybe)? and maybe try it in a variety of "difficult" lighting conditions i.e. outside daylight on phones etc. before voting.

Either that or can we have a "PC" button which flips to a slightly better contrast scheme (with the added bonus that maybe it could filter out all of the tedious apple-related threads)!Angel

Retires to a safe distanceWink

Ban boring signatures!

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:31 PM

Puncher:

It's OK on my lappy when on mains power, and just about legible on battery if you look closely (although that does tend to leave smear marks from my nose)Big Smile

Can we ask others (a poll maybe)? and maybe try it in a variety of "difficult" lighting conditions i.e. outside daylight on phones etc. before voting.

Either that or can we have a "PC" button which flips to a slightly better contrast scheme (with the added bonus that maybe it could filter out all of the tedious apple-related threads)!Angel

Retires to a safe distanceWink

I would think our devices and our chosen browsers on said devices would be capable of presenting to us a readable web page without us having to configure the site as users.  But that's just my training in capital Q quality coming out probably.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:35 PM

Rich:
I would think our devices and our chosen browsers on said devices would be capable of presenting to us a readable web page without us having to configure the site as users.  But that's just my training in capital Q quality coming out probably.

Actually that last bit was just a quickly tied fly!Whisper

Ban boring signatures!

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 10:09 PM

Puncher:

Sod them, if I can't read it myself, I'll fix me a site-specific user style sheet for Firefox (and deal it out to the few & chosen) Big Smile

EDIT: and make the font larger while I'm at it

--mika

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS