Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Custom string MLGW - LightManager AIR

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy Posted: Thu, Dec 25 2014 10:33 AM

hi,

did anybody known the masterlink gateway custom string for the http command

192.168.xxx.xx:80/?key=1“  

for the new lightmanager AIR (jb-media)? it must be equal to the wifi bridge?

not working:

"GET /?key=1 HTTP/1.1\0A\0A"

"GET /?key=1 HTTP/1.1\0D\0A"

GET /control?key=1&cmd=off HTTP/1.1\0A\0A“  (work for the lightmanager pro b&o)

thanks

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 2:48 PM

I'm not at all familiar with the light manager AIR. However, the strings might somewhat resemble those of the Philips Hue in that you need to translate the JSON commands to telnet. I believe that you need to indicate the value of the content length of the characters between the "{" and the "}" symbols of the JSON command. (I cannot remember whether you count the "{" and "}" as characters as well.)

Here is an example of a translation from JSON to telnet for the MLGW that turns on all of the lights for the Philips Hue. It might give you an idea of how to construct your custom string.

PUT /api/username/groups/0/action HTTP/1.1\0D\0AContent-Length: 12\0D\0AContent-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\0D\0A\0D\0A{\"on\": true}

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 2:59 PM

P.S. It looks like you are trying to get the key for your bridge. Philips Hue has a similar use of a key, indicated in my custom string as "username." I don't think you would want to use the MLGW to GET the key. Rather you would get the key using a debug tool on your computer. Once you establish the name of the key, you would use the custom string in the MLGW to issue PUT commands to send controls to the bridge, inserting the name of the key in your command similarly to how I did. The Philips Hue has an excellent API tutorial that shows how to use the debug tool. Perhaps you can find something similar for the light manager AIR.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 4:37 PM

hi beojeff!

thank you for your info! but I had hoped it would be easier. I think that's too difficult for me. 

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:13 PM

I think that controlling the LightManager AIR would be quite manageable if you were able to find out what the PUT commands are to carry out the various possible commands using javascript. Then, the javascript commands could be translated to telnet for the MLGW.

Perhaps you might want to consider the Philips Hue system. It uses a similar approach in that it uses a bridge to control all of the lights and it uses javascript. It's actually a very affordable light control solution when you consider the tremendous amount of control and possibilities it gives you. You can turn on and off all lights, groups of lights, or even specific lamps and set the brilliance, hue, and saturation of any lamp. You can also easily design and save dozens of light scenes that you can activate with the MLGW. You can set timers on the lights to turn on or off at specific times. You can set it for geofencing activation such that the system can detect when you come home or when you leave based on the proximity of your iPhone to your home. Most importantly, you would not need to pay an installer to make any changes. If you got the Philips Hue, I would be happy to provide you with any MLGW commands you might need.

P.S. The Philips Hue also has LED lightstrips that you can stick to the bottom of cabinets, etc., to provide nice ambient lighting.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:56 PM

hi beojeff!

thank you for the informations about the hue system. at this time the hue system is for me no alternative. i use in the hole house the intertechno system and i find this ist more flexible and it is cheaper ;-)

now i connect the lightmanager pro b&o via usb on a notebook and this commands/string work in the masterlink gateway:

„GET /control?key=1 HTTP/1.1\0A\0A“

but, still no working with the lightmanager air.

maybe beocare can help...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Dec 27 2014 11:46 PM

Hi Beoandy.

I think that you need to understand a little more about JSON (a/k/a "javascript"). A "GET" command merely asks the bridge to send back information about the status. This will do nothing for you since the MLGW has no way of showing you that information. The command that you showed is a just a request to find out what the "key" (like a password) is. It will not activate anything. However,  a "PUT" command will send out a command to the bridge to actuate something -- such as turning on or off lights or scenes.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sun, Dec 28 2014 9:44 AM

hi beojeff!

but replace the GET to a PUT is not a working solution. (unfortunately)

and more i am not able to do Wink

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Wed, Mar 4 2015 12:57 PM

here is the working solution:

thanks to PhilLondon and the JB Media Team we have a working solution. the custom string to control the lightmanager AIR with the MLGW is: POST /control?key=1 HTTP/1.1\0D\0A\0D\0A

beoandy 

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Is there a manual for the light manager air, I couldn't find it online in English or even in German.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Wed, Mar 4 2015 1:52 PM

not for now. i think they are working on it. the software get´s update weekly. but if you want to see the software, it is still for download on the website and the manual for the lightmanager mini is nearly the same. (without the wlan connection) if you need infos or screenshots of the wlan feature i can help you.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 11:32 AM

Will this work with the combination of Lightmanager Pro and Wifi Bridge from JBmedia, too?

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 3:04 PM

TWG:

Will this work with the combination of Lightmanager Pro and Wifi Bridge from JBmedia, too?

Hi TWG!

I think that the lightmanager pro with the bridge use the same commands as the lightmanager air. (but I am not sure!) But I have only the air and a old lightmanger pro b&o version for testing. If the lightmanger pro is connected via usb with a win-computer you can control the lightmanager via customs strings.

beoandy

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS