Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8002 stylus arm not behaving / returning properly

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

ktroyh
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
ktroyh Posted: Mon, Dec 29 2014 5:51 AM

I recently acquired a Beogram 8002. The initial repairs were covered on another thread and the table was working normally but today things changed.

Actually I guess everything wasn't perfect. The first time I cued the play button the stylus arm did not drop but after pressing play again it dropped.

Now it usually cues and drops the stylus arm normally. Once in a while it will do as I stated before.

But now it does not return the stylus arm completely after finishing an LP.  It will begin to return and then stop. I need to keep pressing the stop or > >> buttons to get it to return.

I have not replaced any caps so I imagine that is my next step from what I have read on the forum.

If anyone can provide suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Troy

Drummerboy2
Not Ranked
San Diego, California
Posts 47
Bronze Member

First, I was looking over the previous post you did on the broken wires. It looks like there is a short on the pad where the jumper wire from the right pad is connected where the blue wire is soldered on the ribbon cable. They are not supposed to be connected.

Second, you will need to resolder all solder joints on main PCB and on pcb where the relay is at if this has not been done already. I know it's a lot of work but the solder and soldering was not the best. You may want to resolder all the solder joints where the cable comes into the MPU box.

Make sure that the belt for the arm is ok

Before you do any of this try to see if you can get the arm working and if not then dive into all that along with replacing the caps sooner or later it is going to need to be done.

Let us know how each thing you do to it and what the results are. This way it will be a little easier to help troubleshoot without reinventing the wheel.

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS