Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 6 22 doesnt want to switch on

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

ronaldus1
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ronaldus1 Posted: Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:49 PM

Hi everybody,

I bought a broken BV6 22 and I want to try to repair it.

These are the symptoms:

When I plug in the power the standby led becomes greens for a few seconds and then goes out and a second later it becomes red.

I tried to put it on option 1 (to see if it was not put in to option 0 what disables the IR receiver)

I have only a Beolink 7000 as a remote but i tried to set it to option 1 with a beo 4 that i don't have at hand right now.

I measured on the IR receiver print and it shows signals on the scope when I press a button on the remote so i guess that  is good.

I checked also some voltages on the power print inside the unit and they come on for a few seconds and go down when the standby goes from green to red.

I have the service manual but there are no schematics in there.

I have red somewhere that the early models had some high failure rate on the main processor boards that prevented the unit from starting Maybe mine is an early model (type 9201 sw 2.1)

I bought it from a B&O dealer for 25 euros so if I cannot repair it there is no problem but it would be fun if I could succeed.

Hints anybody?

Regards

Ron.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jan 4 2015 12:50 AM

ronaldus1:
When I plug in the power the standby led becomes greens for a few seconds and then goes out and a second later it becomes red.

This is normal behaviour; it is now waiting for an IR command ....

ronaldus1:
I measured on the IR receiver print and it shows signals on the scope when I press a button on the remote so i guess that  is good.

Hmmmmm

What was the IR command you sent ?

TV ?

BeoNut since '75

ronaldus1
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ronaldus1 replied on Sun, Jan 4 2015 11:44 AM

Hello Elephant,

Thanks for your answer. This maybe means that it is still in option 0? and the TV is maybe Ok.

I tried with the beolink7000  panel>setup>options>picture>1>store  according to the manual of the BEOlink page 27.

Please let me know?

Regards,

Ron.

ronaldus1
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ronaldus1 replied on Mon, Jan 5 2015 10:43 AM

Me again,

I saw that i didn't really told you which command I have sent.  I first sent TV and then volume because this could be send continouisly and that's easier to see on the scope. I think the IR receiver and the main boards communicate through some bidirectional line (I2c probably) because there are constant data pulses on one line and they change when i send an IR command.

Regards,

Ron.

tompa
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
tompa replied on Thu, Jan 8 2015 11:23 PM

Hi,

I don't Think you can use bl7000 in 2way mode are you sure that you have bl7000 in one way mode?

then you send v-opt 1 or 2 comand stby led flash once to tell accept of command, does it do that? 

ronaldus1
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ronaldus1 replied on Sat, Jan 10 2015 9:42 PM

Hi,

I think that I have put my BL7000 in one way mode. I took away all sources and defined again the TV as a sourche in the BL7000 so that its added as one way.  Then I send picture>1>store.  The stby does not flash.  I tried it long time ago with a BEO4 and it didn't work either.

So if I understand it should flash when the option settings has been accepted?

I thing there is really someting wrong.

regards,

Ron.

ronaldus1
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ronaldus1 replied on Sat, Jan 17 2015 5:38 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm still digging in this problem and i think it comes down to the μPH8 module. Something like this:

http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/26388.aspx

The IR signals arrives on the chip without the socket and then it's over. On the backside of this board there is another processor but that one seems to work because it drives the red and green led and it also switches on the mains power supply for two seconds before going to standby again.

Could this processor be changed?

Anyone?

regards,

Ron.

tompa
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member
tompa replied on Tue, Jan 27 2015 9:18 PM

Hi,

Maybe it can be the H8 processor module thats fails if so

you need to exchange H8 module with and preprog eeprom because if you only change on of them maybe failure in on of them transfer to the Another

this can only be done by authorized workshop

/Tompa

ronaldus1
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ronaldus1 replied on Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:44 PM

Hi Tompa,

I found another forum member that solved the problem by exchanging an eeprom that holds the pin code. with him the data in this chip got corrupted and i think with me it's the same problem

He will try to talk me through the procedure.

I'll keep you informed about the results

Ron

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS