Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8000, MMC 20 EN, Pricing or repair?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

RasmusOe
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 11
Bronze Member
RasmusOe Posted: Mon, Jan 5 2015 8:18 PM

I recently came across 2 x beogram 8000 and a MMC20EN in great condition actually.

The problem is that both BG are disfunctional. The one of them is turning too fast. The second i am unsure of. Both of the BGs are looking good, so great material for repairing!

Could anyone help me price the BGs as they are disfunctional and if they were functional, and price the MMC20EN?

Are they worth making a project out of and thus bringing them back to life?

RasmusOe
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 11
Bronze Member

The thing is i have a Beosystem 6500, so i wouldn't be able to test/use the beogram 8000 right away since i do not have a RIAA.

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Mon, Jan 5 2015 9:20 PM

I too am looking at a getting a similar setup. I have a Beomaster 7000 and would like to add a Beogram 8000 if I can find a good one at a reasonable price. According to his web site, Steve at Sounds Heavenly has a pre-amp and can wire you up a special 2-way cable so you get full integration with your Beomaster 6500.

Jesper
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Jesper replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 2:07 PM

Hi Rasmus,

try to remove the platter. It is not secured in anyway, so just lift it up. Remove the black subplatter and inspect the ring below the center. It's called the tacho disc, and if it is broken the speed will not be accurate. A new one made of metal can be bought from the user Dillen. Last time I bought one it costed 250 DKr.

Hmm, there must be an easier way to include pictures.

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Tue, Jan 6 2015 3:18 PM

RasmusOe:

The thing is i have a Beosystem 6500, so i wouldn't be able to test/use the beogram 8000 right away since i do not have a RIAA.

There have been quite a few threads about the RIAA issue in the past. This one is suggesting close to every possible solution. 

/Dennis

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS