Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay H8

rated by 0 users
This post has 662 Replies | 19 Followers

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Sep 16 2015 6:45 AM

Go for option 2: Get your money back and eventually try again after they fixed it.

If as much customers as possible return that H8 desaster B&O might start to thing that s.th. could be wrong... and adress their failure!

If we all keep buying half baked quality products and accept it there will never be a change!

Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 7:17 AM

Decided to send them back. Hopefully they will be updated soon! 

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:46 PM

For the record: are their actually people that honestly don't have any issues at all with the bluetooth of the H8?

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 3:55 PM

I have had 0 problems with bluetooth and my H8s.  However, I rarely use bluetooth, and didn't buy them for their bluetooth capabilities.  Wired ANC on airplanes is my primary use case, and I couldn't be more happy with them.

If I did buy them to use bluetooth, and it didn't work reliably, I would send them back and wait for a fix (or buy from a different vendor if I get tired of waiting).  Personally, even if B&O does come up with a fix, I think there is little likelihood that existing headphones will be fixed in the field (unless they create some kind of exchange program).

Stan

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 8:01 PM

No problemo here, but I only used them at home. Had no time for outdoor testing, yet.

BillC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 121
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Thu, Sep 17 2015 11:05 PM
When I hook up to my iPhone 6 Plus there's no problems - solid and no breaks. But when I hook up to the tv it breaks up like crazy.At first I thought it was the H8 or my transmitter but after hearing about interference I did some tests. Turns out there's an electronic device in my room that causes massive interferences - my Bose wireless transmitter and receiver also couldn't handle it too ( it uses Boses own system and not Bluetooth). I think the H8 is less tolerant on weaker signals. I've tried another Bluetooth receiver hooked up to the same transmitter - it also had many drop outs but unlike the H8 it didn't lose the pairing lock
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
I sent a complaint to Beoplat support a week ago, and they haven't even answered me...

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 11:38 AM
leosgonewild:

I sent a complaint to Beoplat support a week ago, and they haven't even answered me...

That's unusual. With all of the dealings I've had with them, I always receive a rapid and good response. Give them a nudge to see where they are up to.

Dave.
Thibault
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Thibault replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 5:56 PM

I am pretty sure it is an interference problem. When used in the streets of NYC where you constantly have hundreds of wifi and bluetooth signals around, I have dropouts all the time. Inside my house or in subway stations for instance, they work perfectly with bluetooth.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 10:32 PM

Had a day off from work today so I dedicated it to try out my H8's. Walked around indoors doing all sorts of things, worked (had missed answering a letter) in front of the laptop, took a bike ride in the village, lawn moving and cooked food. Still no problems with drop outs.

My wife didn't like my test as she had problems to get my attention. I told her to call me instead of shouting and waving, but she rejected. Too bad as that would test the hands free function as well.

The only noticeable was five interruptions for a fraction of a second, all of them during the one hour of lawn moving. I wouldn't react if it wasn't a day of testing. Don't know if I even should call it drop outs. I'm not sure if was caused by H8 and Bluetooth. It could also been interruption with WiFi and/or 3G as I was in the outer zones of my network. Maybe it was Spotify who made this? So I'm not sure why this happened and I don't have any issue with it. 5 times during an hour of lawn moving. As a kid living in the 80's I used a Sony CD Walkman. Now we can talk about drop outs.

The touch controls worked as they should. Easy and logical.

I used Spotify on an iPhone 6, iOS 8.3. The music was the classic albums of Jean-Michel Jarre. Perfect for testing headphones. The phone was most of the time placed in my jeans pocket. It was not closest to my body as I always has my credit cards holder (in leather) on the inside of the phone. I guess it was not much around the make interference.

I was in need of a new pair of headphones, but was waiting for an updated H8. But the 20 % voucher from B&O Play made me take the plunge. I'm glad I did it, I will keep them and I recommend them to others.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You listened to Jean Michel Jarre the whole day - wow!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 11:18 PM
I have a four hour flight today and I am looking forward to using mine again !

BeoNut since '75

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 11:43 PM
leosgonewild:

Some people wait years
Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Sat, Sep 19 2015 8:50 AM

I sent them back but regret my decision greatly. I'll be going to my local dealer to see if I can buy them there. I hear and read lots of different things about the H8. Some have terrible dropout, like I had when using my MacBook. Some only have it a very few times. 

As long as I can use them, I'm happy.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Sep 19 2015 9:45 AM

I've had them since they were released and I haven't sent them in yet. They work sometimes and sometimes not. It is very hard to say why. The faults I have is two different ones:

• Skipping/dropping due to bad antenna and/or buffer design. They simply dont play music correctly in those scenarios and it is more common on trains and public areas. But sometimes it works really well. I usually carry the cord with me but for the last week it has worked flawlessly. That means that it probably won't - next week. (I almost think the H8 has artificial intelligence and acts rudely, hehe).

• No touch/bluetooth/audio feedback. Impossible to use the controls on the right ear. Sometimes not bluetooth connectivity either. This is what I would call a crash mode or freeze mode. When this happens you will have to turn them off and on a few times before they work correctly. It happens very often. About every other day for me. While it is in this mode, a power cycle will make them play a loud scratchy sound when the power is turned off. It's a bit creepy, but I've gotten used to it by now (again, rude artificial ie :D).

I hope, of course, that an update will come out. I also hope that it will send battery data over bluetooth as most headsets do. And that they change double tap on play to siri. Why would anyone use it to dial the last number in the phone book? Use Siri! (Someone didnt think that one through).

I still use them daily since the sound is really good. It's bass heavy but I like it. On a train and in public the bass push is necessary to compensate for other sounds. It also makes it feel more like you are in your own bubble, which I like. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Thibault
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Thibault replied on Wed, Sep 23 2015 3:29 PM

I got in touch with B&O customer service for the 4th time yesterday to complain about constant bluetooth dropouts and ask if they had any news of an eventual update for the H8. All I got was a message in broken English telling me to stay within a 10 meter range from my streaming device to avoid dropouts. I have been very patient for the past two months, but this is too much. I am going to start leaving reviews everywhere on the internet to warn people about this issue.

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Thu, Sep 24 2015 1:11 AM
I tried the H8 out yesterday in local B&O showroom while waiting for sales rep as I was their about the essence mk2.

As I've read many comments here about the dropouts I held my phone in my hand down by my side turn my hand and it dropped out most of the time I did this, sound returned when I brought my hand up to my pocket. Shame as they sound wonderful, I'll be travelling more from next year and need the noise cancelling, I'll wait and see what happens so no sale from me for now
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Sep 24 2015 6:37 AM

There are other companies that produce working headphones with noise cancelling:

- Sony MDR-1RNC
- Bose Quiet Comfort series
- Sony MDR-ZX770BN
- Parrot ZIK

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Fri, Sep 25 2015 1:21 AM
TWG:

There are other companies that produce working headphones with noise cancelling

Absolutely

The New Parrot Zik3 presented at the IFA in Berlin is fantastic Yes - thumbs up

Let's try Big Smile

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I updated my phone to the iPhone 6s today and paired the H8 and put the iPhone in my pocket and walked around listening to music. No problems.

Just thought I'd update you on my findings
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Sep 25 2015 9:45 AM

BeoBoy68:
TWG:

Absolutely

Let's try Big Smile

Beoboy.... you are promoting goodness knows how many non-B&O products all over this forum and praising them as if you owned them which cannot be the case. What is your agenda?

Graham

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Late to this thread. Not sure I'm missing something or not.

I have a very early pair of H8's. To date there has been zip, nought, nothing, nein, non, nada wrong with these phones in terms of Bluetooth reception and "drop-outs". That is bar one occasion:-

I have found that listening to Bluetooth on the H8's while downloading web content (either via mobile or home router) there are drop-outs particularly on big downloads. No web access, no Bluetooth problems.

To me, it is a case of the Wifi software interfering on the Bluetooth software in the transmitting device and not the receiving H8's.

Happy with the phone's, no drop-outs for me, no further corrective action required.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Fri, Sep 25 2015 8:03 PM

BeoBoy68:
TWG:

Absolutely

Let's try Big Smile

Ugly as h*ll! Please stick to SonyWorld or whatever. This is a site dedicated for B&O.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Mr 10Percent:

Late to this thread. Not sure I'm missing something or not.

I have a very early pair of H8's. To date there has been zip, nought, nothing, nein, non, nada wrong with these phones in terms of Bluetooth reception and "drop-outs". That is bar one occasion:-

I have found that listening to Bluetooth on the H8's while downloading web content (either via mobile or home router) there are drop-outs particularly on big downloads. No web access, no Bluetooth problems.

To me, it is a case of the Wifi software interfering on the Bluetooth software in the transmitting device and not the receiving H8's.

Happy with the phone's, no drop-outs for me, no further corrective action required.

I saw someone walking down our city Bourke St Mall the other day. He had agilla bright H8 with no cord and no visible phone. I immediately thought oh see it does work lol.

Glad you've had no issues with yours.
BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Fri, Sep 25 2015 9:50 PM
Daniel:

Ugly as h*ll! Please stick to SonyWorld or whatever. This is a site dedicated for B&O.

Here I am to share point of view. Smile

I am not the only one to talk about another brands on this forum.

If you don't like my posts, please don't read them Stick out tongue

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

vikinger:

BeoBoy68:
TWG:

Absolutely

Beoboy.... you are promoting goodness knows how many non-B&O products all over this forum and praising them as if you owned them which cannot be the case. What is your agenda?

Graham

Of course he likes them - they are french -  et donc parfait,  m'sieu  Big Smile

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:11 PM
vikinger:

Graham

I am promoting products that sound very good. Smile

I am promoting also my favorite brand Bang & Olufsen. Yes - thumbs up

I am BeoBoy. Big Smile

BeoPlay H8
Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:07 AM

Newsflash:

The good: B&O have informed their dealers about the BT issues and that a fix is on the way. The not so good: no ETA is given yet.

Roger

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:18 AM
Good news @Roger. But just for the H8 issues or across the range of BT devices as there are issues with everything.

Dave.
Thibault
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Thibault replied on Mon, Sep 28 2015 5:41 PM

Nice! Thanks for the update Roger. I refresh the B&O support page 3 times a day this issue has been driving me crazy.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:52 PM
Roger:

Newsflash:

The good: B&O have informed their dealers about the BT issues and that a fix is on the way. The not so good: no ETA is given yet.

Roger

Apparently they've promised the same for the moment problems.

will be fixed, ETA TBA

A message to TM MD @ B&O no BS fix the SW & BT ASAP or else people may think B&O is NFG.
danielh
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
danielh replied on Thu, Oct 1 2015 7:17 PM

Hope there will be a fix soon. When you need to use cable on a bluetooth headset something is really wrong Huh?

Thibault
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Until today, the official H8 BeoPlay Support Page had a non functioning link to a "Download Software Update" page - it disappeared. I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign :(

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Is this pick legit BeoBoy68, or is it one of your photoshoip?

They look amazing!

Luxurysound is selling the H8´s for 399,- until 15.10.2015. Could this be the date an MK2 version arrives??

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:10 PM

leosgonewild:

Is this pick legit BeoBoy68, or is it one of your photoshoip?

They look amazing!

The picture is im black and white.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Wed, Oct 14 2015 9:27 PM

Been traveling by bus and train now, with the wife's car on work shop for over a week as somebody unknown bumped into it in a parking lot at the mall. This will cost us the price of an A6 (the speaker, not the car). Yippie!

Anyway, this gave me the opportunity to test my H8's in real life. No drop outs occurred, not even in crowded spaces and places.

danielh
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
danielh replied on Tue, Nov 24 2015 4:51 PM

This is the answer I got from B&O 2 months ago:

This is a known issue with some of our BeoPlay H8. If you have not found a solution yet, I would like you to know that we are aware of this problem, and are currently working on a solution. I can not promise you when or if a possible solution will be available, neither can I promise you if it will be a software or hardware update. For now you are welcome to wait for an update to the BeoPlay H8, or you can turn your BeoPlay H8 in for a replacement. We have seen several instances where this have solved the Bluetooth problem, but again I can not promise you it will solve the problem. Best regards, Kasper - Customer Service

I contacted them again and there is still no news from B&O:

I know that our Research & Development Department has been working on this lately. However I have not received any information about a release of either a software or hardware solution to this yet.

Thibault
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Thibault replied on Thu, Nov 26 2015 4:41 AM

Wake up kids! B&O just released a software update for the H8!!! Can't wait to try it.

http://www.beoplay.com/support/product-support/support-beoplay-h8

Thibault
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Thibault replied on Thu, Nov 26 2015 4:41 AM

Wake up kids! B&O just released a software update for the H8!!! Can't wait to try it.

http://www.beoplay.com/support/product-support/support-beoplay-h8

danielh
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
danielh replied on Thu, Nov 26 2015 6:51 AM

Downloaded and installed. Will do some testing later today and hope its better now :)

Page 9 of 17 (663 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS