Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Weak FM reception (only mono) on BC2300

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx Posted: Mon, Jan 19 2015 11:38 AM

Hi All

Trying to repair an old BC2300 which has been mistreated over the years, and now my list has come to the FM tuner..

It will not find any stations by it self, it just goes from 87,5 to 108mhz and sometimes along it's search it will slow a bit down around known good stations that broadcast strong, but never stops. 

If I key in the frequency of a known station, it will tune to the station, and sound is perfect without noise, however only in mono..

Another thread indicates to just find another board, but that seems overkill, and will only give me another BC in the corner that cannot be repaired :)

Any ideas other than replace the board ? I have tried to change the obvious caps around the stereo ic, and around the Antenna input, I had a board from a Beomaster 3500 I know is working, so the caps and also the stereo ic is changed from a known working board.. No change at all

/Weebyx

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Tue, Jan 20 2015 10:53 AM

Oh well.....

This is not the easiest to fix, so found an old Beocenter 2300 with defect cd and tape, but with radio working.. Took the print and swapped it over, and now everything is working again :)

Just needed to set the FM display indication as it was off by 0.1 mhz..

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS