Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Plop sound from Beolink Passive at power off.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

richtoy
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member
richtoy Posted: Tue, Jan 20 2015 9:42 PM

Hi,

I have recently upgraded the bedroom TV to an MX8000 together with a Beolink Passive connected via Powerlink and a couple of passive speakers.  It all works except when I power off and the following happens:-

• TV goes off (red light)
  • Beolink clicks and goes off (red light)
  • Then the speakers plop.
  • A few seconds later the Beolink then turns itself back on again (green light)

The Passive is of type 1656 with s/w 1.4 and the MX8000 is of type 9100 AP s/w 1.6 & IOP s/w 22.0  The MX8000 has a Masterlink socket but does not actually have the Masterlink/Timer card fitted.

Is the way I have it connected correct?

Is there a modification to fix this plop?  I have many original service manuals and the one for a ML/MCL has some hand written Dutch which talks about adding a 2 x 4.7uF capacitor in series with each signal channel on the powerlink socket.

Thanks,

Richard

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 10:16 PM

richtoy:

Is there a modification to fix this plop?  I have many original service manuals and the one for a ML/MCL has some hand written Dutch which talks about adding a 2 x 4.7uF capacitor in series with each signal channel on the powerlink socket.

Resurrecting an old thread here.. has anyone successfully made this modification to the beolink passive amp? I'm experiencing this on and off plop with the amp connected to my essence Mk2. 

Thanks.

stereomann
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member

My advise is to contact Ulf Kiener.
There has recently  been an offer for a (mute relais) modified Beolink Passive and perhaps there‘s still one available or he can upgrade yours.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS