Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 detector arm bulb type

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

libor
Not Ranked
Posts 39
Bronze Member
libor Posted: Wed, Jan 21 2015 5:50 PM

Hello Beofriends, I just bought my first turntable - Beogram 4002. I was looking for one for several months and now I got it and I am loving it so much!

Everything seems to be working fine except for the bulb in detector arm. I opened the arm and tried to connect bulb from christmas tree lighting chain:) and it lights, so the original bulb is definitely burnt.

Now, I browsed  all the related topics and I know I can make conversion to LED. 

Maybe some day I will do that, but for now I would like to find a spare bulb. Can somebody please tell me which is the closest bulb type I can buy in local electro store which will work?

I know some users have the original bulbs to sell, but I don't want to wait:)

Oh and one more question, how do I find out which beogram type do I have (for example 5513) ?

Please excuse my english, I am not native.

Thank you very much for your help.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:44 PM

Hi, welcome to Beoworld.  That is a nice turntable, the Beogram 4002.  There should be a sticker on the bottom of the turntable and also one on the inside, at the rear of the chassis floor that specifies the type.

For a replacement bulb you should contact Dillen here on the forum. Send him a message (PM) via the forum and ask if he has a bulb or where you can find one.

-sonavor

libor
Not Ranked
Posts 39
Bronze Member
libor replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 7:56 PM

Thank you for your answer. I contacted Dillen already. But if anybody else has info about these bulbs, feel free to share it:)

I got it! It is type 5511:)

Thank you again.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:15 PM

libor:

Thank you for your answer. I contacted Dillen already. But if anybody else has info about these bulbs, feel free to share it:)

I got it! It is type 5511:)

Thank you again.

In the past, I believe Martin (Dillen) has suggested these bulbs for some uses - which is why I saved them on my eBay watch list.  I'm not sure if these are what you could be looking for, or at least one variant of them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390808042128?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=660225176262&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If not, just ignore this and maybe someone who has a definitive answer can say what these are actually used for as reference for the future?

Dave.

libor
Not Ranked
Posts 39
Bronze Member
libor replied on Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:34 PM

Thank you very much! They look very similar. I am only not sure about the voltage. My father just told me that I should by looking for 6V bulb. I tend to believe him, but he could be wrong of course.

It would be great to find out specifications for this bulb for future beolovers:)

libor
Not Ranked
Posts 39
Bronze Member
libor replied on Fri, Jan 30 2015 4:18 PM

I would like to report that I replaced original bulb with ordinary local electro store 20 cent bulb and it works fine. Look for 6V 40mA bulb.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS