Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink gateway and my ML Network

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Sat, Jan 24 2015 8:23 AM

Hello all

I am really wanting to but a beolink gateway even know i only have ML products currently.

I would like to understand what limitations i will have with my prducts as i understand some products cannot pass light and control signals back and forth.

can anyone help me with the below?

Opt Control from ML Light from ML Controlled by Gateway on screen display
Beovision 7  type 9443     YES  YES  YES  NO
Beosound 4 Type 2852    YES YES
YES
 NO
Beovision 6-26 Type 9252 6        NO
Beovision 3-32 Type 8803 6        NO

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Just some added info.

In my bedroom with the BV3-32 i Understand it cannot pass light commands so i will have to use my LC2 and iPhone to control other rooms.

Will i still have  need for a Beo6 if i have the app on my iPad / iPhone?

Loads of info needed :)

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 24 2015 3:35 PM

You can always controls the lights with the BeoLink app if your room does not have a product that can communicate LIGHT/CONTROL commands. The app communicates directly with the MLGW without needing a LIGHT/CONTROL-capable product.

Another option could be to add a third party home automation trigger to control the lights. For example, you could buy just a Lutron Radio Ra2 main repeater and a button pad (however this would be a bit costly!). I think that with the Apple HomeKit and Google home automation platform being developed, we will start to see a lot more inexpensive third party home automation "triggers." If a device can be a trigger, you would not necessarily need to use it's proprietary lighting dimmer. The MLGW can recognize the trigger and let you assign nearly anything as the executed command.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member

If you have to use a Beo 6 or Beo 4 for control in that room, the less painful solution is to connect an active kit in that room using only the IR. No speakers connected. Otherwise use the built in app as recommend for use with the BeoLink Gateway and previously suggested by beojeff. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

The Beolink Gateway (or MLGW) allow 2 things:

- Allows the control of your devices from the App or a Home automation system (All your devices are compatible)

- Send commands to you Home Automation system with your Beo4 (Only your BV7 is compatible).

- You can always send commands to the Home Automation system with the App on Wifi.

In the rooms with devices that cannot pass the LIGHT and CONTROL commands, you could install a Beolink Active and an IR Receiver. It must be of the latest software version, and set top Option 0.

You could also upgrade your Beovision 6 for a Beocenter 6 with the latest software, and it'll pass the LIGHT and CONTROL commands.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sat, Jan 24 2015 7:43 PM
Do you have the lintronic?

I see it listed in your signature.

Maybe it could somehow accomplish some of your goals?

Honestly the active kit is the easiest solution that's been proposed.

What do you use for lighting? Maybe the light command is not as important for you?

What is the end goal for you here?
Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Mon, Mar 13 2017 4:08 AM

Though I have not tried it myself, but it should be possible to add macro to the GW, that will react to the "non-existing" devices in the room (say, PC or A.MEM) from Beo4 and replace the commands to the LIGHT commands.

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS