Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

home control basic - MLGW

rated by 0 users
This post has 71 Replies | 5 Followers

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:38 PM

TWG:

Ok, removed Beocenter 2 and Beovision Avant 32 from ML Network. Beosound 5 set to Audiomaster, Option 1, Beolab 3500 Link-Option 6.

I can listen to N.Music, skip tracks, adjust volume etc. with Beo 4 in the bedroom but Light does not work! :-(

I guess I added them all as nodes: Entered Product assignment mode on MLGW and then choosed local source on BC2, N.Music with the Beo 4 from the Beosound 5, CD with Beo 4 on the Beolab 3500 and V.Aux / TV on Beovision Avant with remote. Is that the correct way?

And a strange behaviour: When the Avant is connected to ML and I switch it on with e.g. V.Aux it turns on and after a few seconds goes to standby again. Avant is in Video Option 1 as was the Beocenter 2.

I hate for you to have to go to all of the trouble of reconfiguring your ML system, but it might help for troubleshooting. I think that you initially set up the nodes correctly with the exception that I don't think that you had to make a command on the BeoSound 5 since it would not be a node if it's in slave mode. However, since you used the Beo4, I suspect that the Beo4 sent the N.Music command via the BeoCenter 2. I would try completely unplugging the ML from the BeoCenter 2 and reconfiguring your BeoSound 5 as audio master. Then, you need to unplug all ML devices, wait, and plug them back in to reconfigure your ML. Then, you would need to re-do all of your nodes so that the MLGW registers the BeoSound 5 as a node.

I'm only suggesting this because it sounds like your Hue custom string is working if you were able to trigger it using a macro with a virtual button on the BeoLink app. Therefore, it's worth testing to see if your B&O products are actually passing the LIGHT command from your Beo4. Something that I'm curious about is if you were able to get the N.MUSIC interface on your BeoLink App with your initial configuration. Meaning, the pretty interface with all of the cover art from your N.MUSIC showing up on your BeoLink app.

It sounds like we have similar B&O systems. I, too, started with a BeoCenter 2 and later added a BeoSound 5. After probably a year of using my BeoSound 5 in slave mode, I switched it to be the audio master. This opens up a LOT more features on the BeoSound 5! Such as having the A.AUX connection on the BeoSound 5, Spotify, and the 2-way interface with the Beo6. I'm thinking that you probably can't get the 2-way N.MUSIC interface on the BeoLink app if the BeoSound 5 is in slave mode. You might prove me wrong on that, though. When I DO want to play CDs on my BeoCenter 2 (which I haven't in years), I can still do that by using the DVD command and putting the TV in PICTURE MUTE. The truth is that I haven't used my beautiful BeoCenter 2 for anything in years. Even DVDs look much better if played through my Oppo blu-ray player. The BeoCenter 2 is just too beautiful to part with, though!

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:50 PM

TWG:

The BeoLab 3500 has SW Version 3.3 and should work without problems according to the linked .doc-file.

Maybe you'll see what I'm doing wrong!?

Did you set your BL350 to "MLGW on"?

If I remember correctly it`s MENU - 0 - 5 - GO and then arrow up/down for on/off.

Stefan

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 5:50 PM

@beojeff:
I did it and there's no need for you to hate for that trouble. I want to go through that trouble if we can solve the problem! :)
But still: No success with Light commands in the living room. There's only the Beosound 5 as audio master on the masterlink network and the Avant as Video master.
Virtual buttons work and the Light command from Beolab 3500 is working, too, thanks to Stefans hint.

@stefan:
Thanks! Light from Beolab 3500 is now working fine! :) How did you know? I have no document where this information is written. :(

Are the Softwareupdates for older Beolab 3500 still availabe from B&O? I think I should update all Beolab 3500 immediately. :)

So, my Beosound 5 seems to be the problem in the living room?! It's such an unreliable baby...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:13 PM

TWG-

Stefan's suggestion was brilliant. I would have forgotten all about activating the MLGW feature on the BeoLink 3500.

I'm glad to hear that your programming is working! When you get an opportunity, I hope you will try the custom strings for activating light scenes on the Philips Hue. You can find the codes for each light scene by doing a general "GET" command in the Debug utility to see what is going on in the Hue hub. The code will look something like this: faa20e949-on-0. Keep in mind that if you ever save a modification to a scene on your Hue iOS app, the bridge will generate a new code for that scene and you will need to replace the old code with the new code in your custom string. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:19 PM

TWG-

Are your Avant and BeoSound 5 in the same room? If so, I wonder if the problem is that the Avant is not passing the LIGHT commands if only the Avant is receiving IR and if the BeoSound 5 is getting its IR command through the Avant.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:42 PM

@beojeff: No problem about forgetting s.th., we are all humans. Wink I'm so happy for the help!

Ok, how do I determine WHO'S receiving IR commands? I've set the Beosound 5 to Audiomaster=Yes and Option=1.
I thought that it receives IR commands by its own receiver and not via the Avant!?

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

TWG:
After calming down and reading again I seem to have at least 2 devices that I can use for Light commands

I have found a solution/device to receive LIGHT commands in rooms with older devices. See my other post.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:53 PM

TWG:

@beojeff: No problem about forgetting s.th., we are all humans. Wink I'm so happy for the help!

Ok, how do I determine WHO'S receiving IR commands? I've set the Beosound 5 to Audiomaster=Yes and Option=1.
I thought that it receives IR commands by its own receiver and not via the Avant!?

If you have BeoSound 5 in Option 1, it is receiving IR signals. However, I'm just now recalling that I think you have to change some setting in the BeoSound 5 in order to pass LIGHT and CONTROL signals! I'll see if I can find what that is and get back to you.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:00 PM

PhilLondon:

TWG:
After calming down and reading again I seem to have at least 2 devices that I can use for Light commands

I have found a solution/device to receive LIGHT commands in rooms with older devices. See my other post.

I found it:

Access to ‘Service Menu’:

Access to the ‘Service Menu’ can be obtained in 2 ways,

either from BeoSound 5* screen or from BeoMaster 5** (TV screen).

Please use the following procedure for a smooth setup:

* BeoSound 5, ‘Service Menu’ access (when no TV is connected):

- Move the navigator arm to MODE

Normal 0 false false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

and use the wheel to highlight SETTINGS.

- On BeoSound 5 keyboard,

press: > < > < GO

to activate ‘Service Settings’

(Service Settings appears in left side of the screen,

containing new sub menus).

- Move the navigator arm to MAINTENANCE

and use the wheel to highlight SERVICE MENU

and press GO.

Now all active sources related to BeoSound 5

or BeoMaster 5 shuts down,

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

and the ‘Service Menu’ appears on the screen

Service Menu:

When setting up BeoMaster 5 a USB PC keyboard and mouse must be used.

Select/Open the folder MLGW

Enable commands to MLGW (Master Link Gate Way):

- Will enable reroute of all LIGHT and CONTROL commands from remote to MLGW.

- It is recommended only to have one product in a room with this setting to enabled

- Three or more products in a room can cause fail on ML

Enable status to MLGW (Master Link Gate Way)

- Shall only be enabled if status to a control panels is needed

Both settings are default disabled

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:06 PM

My last reply was meant to be to TWG rather than PhilLondon.

For some reason, the BeoWorld site is changing some of the text when it gets posted. I tried to copy and past from the MLGW instructions, but when the message posted, the text all get changed.

It's better to look at the help file directly, which can be found on the BeoIntegration site. Here is a link to the help file:

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/Setting%20up%20products%20to%20MLGW/

Select the file "MLGW set-up in BM5"

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:59 PM

You will find a lot of useful information about MLGW on:

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/

BTW : Can someone say, how the scheduler works in MLGW? The manual unfortunately is not very clear .....:(

Stefan

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:22 PM

stefan:

You will find a lot of useful information about MLGW on:

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/

BTW : Can someone say, how the scheduler works in MLGW? The manual unfortunately is not very clear .....:(

Stefan

Thanks, I've downloaded all the documents. But I definitely must have overread those tricks regarding config of the Beosound 5 and Beolab 3500.

So, the Beocenter 2 is back in the setup, Beosound 5 is slave again and Light commands work from Beo 4 on Beolab 3500 and Beosound 5.
But only if I set the macro to work from "any room". If I specify a room where the Light command should be received it does not work with Beo 4, only virtual buttons. This behaviour occured with only the Beosound 5 as audiomaster in the setup, too.

Beolab 3500:
Can the Softwareupdate Chips for the Beolab 3500 still be ordered?

@phillondon: a good tip!

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 3:10 PM

New infos on http://beointegration.com

Interesting faq: Will the new features and drivers in BeoLink Gateway also be implemented in the MasterLink Gateway?

NO!

Normal 0 21 false false false DE JA X-NONE

I hope that b&o will spend a future software update for the mlgw or will b&o end the support for the mlgw?

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sun, Mar 22 2015 12:33 PM

TWG:
Beolab 3500:
Can the Softwareupdate Chips for the Beolab 3500 still be ordered?

The newest software for the bl3500 is sw 3.34 and the chip ist still available.

Is is only a pcb chip swap.  The ordering number für sw 3.34 is 8002944 and cost about 120 euro.

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Wed, Nov 25 2015 3:14 PM

Dear all this thread has been a great find! I'm new to the MLGW and I'm trying to get an http request via a custom string to work with an insteon hub. The hub requires a username and password via html basic authentication. I can control lights etc using a url in web browser like this

http://username:password@ipaddress:port/3?payload

The /3 is where you send payload strings to the insteon hub - this can be insteon or x10 devices so it's quite versatile. I know x10 is old hat but it's very cheap as is the insteon hub. My difficulty is translating the above to a custom string. I've set up the MLGW with the right IP address for the hub and the relevant port (25105 is default for the insteon hub). My hub has a static IP address and those settings are definitely correct. My custom strings are defined as outputs. I've tried to follow the syntax used by Phil and Andy above, so my string looks like

"GET /3?payload HTTP/1.1\0D\0A Host:http://username:password@ipaddress:port\0D\0A\0D\0A"

noting that an extra empty line is sent at the end of the HTML request as per Andy's working solution. I've tried this with POST instead of GET but I'm not having much luck. Does anyone spot an obvious issue with the above?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.many thanks

Luke

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Wed, Nov 25 2015 8:41 PM

Hi Luke,

What form do the payload strings take? Can you give some examples?

Kind Regards,

Martin.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Wed, Nov 25 2015 10:38 PM

Hi Martin,

if I want to send an x10 "device on" command for example the payload would be 3?02636280=I=3

the working url in my web browser is

http://username:password@192.168.1.100:25105/3?02636280=I=3

I can use this reliably. I'm trying to figure out how to send that as a custom string. At the moment I'm trying

"GET /3?02636280=I=3 HTTP/1.1\0D\0A Host:http://username:password@192.168.1.100:25105\0D\0A\0D\0A"

but no dice! I'm new to HTML, although I speak C and Fortran so I'm still trying to figure out the correct syntax.

Note on the insteon hub you have to send two commands to turn an x10 device on or off - one is the device code, the second is the on or off command. For insteon devices a single command is all that is required. That is pretty straightforward and works if I send the commands via a URL in my browser - my problem is not with the payload strings but rather the HTML syntax I think. I foolishly thought this would be quite simple but I'm a bit stumped.

For reference (if anyone is interested) you can find a good summary of the insteon hub HTML protocol here

For x10: http://www.leftovercode.info/smartlinc_x10.html

For insteon: http://www.leftovercode.info/smartlinc.html

and info on controlling devices such as thermostats here http://www.openremote.org/download/attachments/22882151/InsteonHub.pdf

thanks!

Luke

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Thu, Nov 26 2015 12:21 AM

Hi Luke.

Visit https://www.base64encode.org/

Type in your username, then a colon, then your password into the box (ie username:password), then click encode. You'll end up with a base64 encoded version that should end with an equals sign, eg. dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=

(if you're unhappy with submitting these details to a random online converter site you could download a base64 converter to run locally on your PC instead)

Change your custom string to the following format (substituting your result from above with the part in bold):

GET /3?02636280=I=3 HTTP/1.1\0D\0AHOST:192.168.1.100:25105\0D\0AAuthorization: Basic dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=\0D\0A\0D\0A

I've corrected the format of the HOST directive to conform to HTTP standard (and removed the unwanted space from the beginning of this line), then added basic authentication support to the string to correctly send the base64 encoded username and password.

Hopefully this will then work - please let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Thu, Nov 26 2015 8:54 PM

Hi Martin, Thanks so much for the advice - I really think I'm getting closer, although I'm still not able to control lights. Thanks for the lead on the username:password encoding, and sorting out my dodgy syntax. I'll experiment a bit more over the weekend and see if I can get it working.

once I've got it up and running I'll put something together and post it for anyone else who is interested in using insteon with their B&O setup. 

With best wishes

Luke

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Thu, Nov 26 2015 10:47 PM

Hi Luke,

Using telnet might help you narrow down what is happening.

If you're a mac user you should be able to use the telnet command from a terminal window, if you're a windows user you can use it from the command prompt but will have to enable it first (go to Control Panel – > Programs and Features. Click Turn Windows Features on or off. Enable Telnet Client and click OK).

Either way, type the following:

telnet 192.168.1.100 25105 <enter>

GET /3?02636280=I=3 HTTP/1.1 <enter>

HOST:192.168.1.100:25105 <enter>

Authorization: Basic dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ= <enter><enter>

(substituting the base64 encoded password string above for your own)

You're effectively doing exactly the same as the MLGW will be doing, but with the advantage that you will be able to see the response from the insteon box which might give some clues as to why it isn't happy with the current string.

Feel free to post the response if you need a hand working out what it might mean.

Kind Regards,

Martin

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Nov 27 2015 11:09 AM

Hi Martin, thanks for the advice - I was wondering if something like that might be possible so this is really helpful. I'll for up the terminal and have a look this weekend.

all the best

Luke

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Sun, Nov 29 2015 4:27 PM

Okay, so after playing around for a bit I'm now able to turn lights on and off via Telnet using.

telnet 192.168.1.100 25105 <enter>

GET /3?02636280=I=3 HTTP/1.1 <enter>

Authorization: Basic dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ= <enter><enter>

So it appears I don't need to specify the HOST. Obviously I've also substituted my encoded base64 password on the authorisation line. The hub returns the following:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/html

Cache-Control: max-age=600

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

This response, and the fact I'm able to operate the lights using telnet seems to indicate the command strings and authentication are working right. Note I've added an incorrect username and password as a test and the telnet returns a 401 error so I'm confident the base64 encoding has done the trick - thanks!

As I said previously the hip requires two commands to turn an x10 device on or off - the first provides the address, the second tells it to turn on or off. These have to be two separate telnet commands, so I have to telnet in once for the addressing, and a second time to operate the light. This seems like a step forwards.

However, the MLGW is still not able to turn the lights on or off using a macro. In this case I'm using a virtual button to run a macro that sends two custom strings "Set A1" followed by "A ON":

"Set A1", "Output (command)", "GET /3?02636600=I=3 HTTP/1.1\0AAuthorization: Basic dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=\0A\0A"

"A ON", "Output (command)", "GET /3?02636280=I=3 HTTP/1.1\0AAuthorization: Basic dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=\0A\0A"

I think perhaps it is the enter after the GET line and the two enters after the Authorisation line that are not going through correctly. I've tried substituting /0D for /0A and various combinations of the two but I'm not really clear on the difference between 'newline' and 'carrage return' 

Thanks for all your help with this, Martin 

All the best

Luke

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Sun, Nov 29 2015 5:28 PM

Hi Luke,

"\0D\0A" should be correct, "\r\n" might work too (but means exactly the same thing).

Is it possible there needs to be a slight delay between the two commands? I'd try inserting a delay in the macro between the "Set A1" command and the "A ON" command - perhaps start with 1000 milliseconds and if that works then see how far you can reduce it.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

tradingman
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
Hi,

Does BLGW also support custom strings like https://192.168.0.1:55555/............ For example?

I have an raspberry pi z-wave server - there I can control lights with simple http strings over the browser!

Regards

Matthias
riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

Hi Matthias, I don't have a BLGW but have no doubt it will also support custom strings.

However, you example above shows https rather than http, is this intentional? I would be surprised if https will be supported as it would require support for encryption.

Kind regards,

Martin.

tradingman
Not Ranked
Posts 41
Bronze Member
riverstyx:

Hi Matthias, I don't have a BLGW but have no doubt it will also support custom strings.

However, you example above shows https rather than http, is this intentional? I would be surprised if https will be supported as it would require support for encryption.

Kind regards,

Martin.

Thanks - yes you are right, without the "s" Big Smile

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Dec 2 2015 2:27 PM
I have used the custom strings in blgw for hunter Douglas shades.

As long as there is a device that allows ip control you should be ok.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member

Hi Martin, just to say thanks so much for your help - a 4 second delay is needed between the two commands. I've got it all working now. I'll document the process in a separate thread in case it is of use to others. Incidentally Beocare mentioned they've had a few requests for an insteon driver so I'll make sure they are informed as well.

thanks again,

Luke

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Sat, Feb 20 2016 12:12 PM

Hi

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/13879/124070.aspx#124070

on this post i described my setup with a mlgw and how to control a jbmedia lightmaster air via custom strings.

Now I upgraded the mlgw to a blgw. Now I have the possibility to readout  http request from the lightmanager air as status update of a button of the beolink app.

I need a http request for the lightmanager air (including authentication) to send to the blgw/mlgw to read out and control the macro for the status update of the button.

Normal 0 21 false false false DE JA X-NONE

I hope you know what I mean ;-)

beoandy

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member

Okay, enclosed you find a screenshot of the light-manager air software. (you can see the command to integrate philips hue) You have two possibilities to send http requests. GET and PUT.

I tried this request without success:

(to send the command ”100” to the blgw to read out this via custom command and use this for status feedback of the light button)

PUT

user:passwort@192.168.0.xx:yy/?100

192.168.0.xx:yy/?100

(xx=ip of the blgw

yy=port of the blgw)

nothing at the capture function of the blgw!

Any hints for a solution?

Thanks beoandy

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
Posts 189
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Fri, Oct 27 2017 9:36 AM

Hi,

you could not send a plain 100, the mlgw communictaion follows a specific protocol.

Establish a TCP/IP socket connection on Port 9000 or what specified in your configuration and

send a telegram as described in the mlgw protocol documentation.

This should look like: 1x header byte, 1x  type of command  byte, 1x length byte, 1x spare byte (0x00) and the payload bytes with length bytes.

e.g. to send Beo4 Command Standby to VideoSource on Masterlink Node 1

send these bytes

0x01, 0x01,0x03, 0x00,0x01, 0x00, 0x0C

Other commands and invalid telegrams will be discarded.

To use custom functions you can try Beo4 FUNCTIONS_XX telegram and trigger  something in your mlgw.

Ralf

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
Posts 189
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Fri, Oct 27 2017 11:24 AM

Try using curl to test the communication to your mlgw

1. echo -e- n  "\x01\x01\x03\x00\x01\x00\x0C" > mlgw.

2. curl -v-X PUT -data-binary @mlgw. 192.168.1.10:9000

Ralf

Page 2 of 2 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS