Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Article: "B&O Enables direct IP Control... no need for Beolink Gateway for NL products"

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon Posted: Thu, Feb 12 2015 10:38 PM

Something I predicted just happened:

http://v2.twice.com/news/home-automation/bo-tightens-home-automation-integration/56010

Bang & Olufsen went to Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) to integrate its audio and video products with major home-control systems. The company updated its product portfolio to add direct IP control and announce B&O-supported drivers to enable two-way communication with and control from major-brand home-automation systems. The development makes it unnecessary to use B&O's Gateway for third-party two-way status and control, a spokesperson said. It also makes programming simpler.

“We have created a solution where some of the largest home integrators such as Crestron, Control4 and Savant are the first to be fully integrated into the Bang & Olufsen A/V world, and many more will follow,” said Brian Bjørn Hansen, B&O’s head of custom installation. “The developments enable system integrators to use, for example, our TVs in any custom installation projects without further knowledge about the Bang & Olufsen system,” he said. The company also said that it has upgraded its Gateway with the addition of IFTTT (If This Then That) programming option, which lets users combine such actions as “if the air is bad, start the ventilation,” or “if the outdoor temperature is high, switch on the garden sprinklers,” the company said.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Feb 13 2015 12:14 AM
If then... That's logic.

Is the blgw going to now have logic

That's a nice addition!!!!!!
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Fri, Feb 13 2015 12:19 AM
It refers to this online service ; https://ifttt.com/

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Feb 13 2015 12:58 AM
PhilLondon:

It refers to this online service ; https://ifttt.com/ Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: The Story Mouse . Grignan guide .

Do you see it available as a resource yet?
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
No, and there is no software update either.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Feb 13 2015 1:53 PM

I reached out to a contact of mine last night in the company.  He indicated we'll likely see

an update forthwith.

The IFTTT is not something I was familiar with but seems like it could be a nice advance

in the process.  I.E. > notify me when my wife gets home?  and he also says there's some way

to geo locate with the BLGW so that when your phone is within one kM of your BLGW you can trigger 

a "Home" scene to come on. . .

I'm going to look in to the geo-location services this weekend.  Seems interesting

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Hi there

luckiky this does not bother me.

i don't want to control my system from a horrid cheap plastic remote I tried that and moved back.

I want to be able to control other devices from B&o using my lovely beo4.

im site this will open up loads of possibilities 

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:

i don't want to control my system from a horrid cheap plastic remote I tried that and moved back.

I want to be able to control other devices from B&o using my lovely beo4.

I think this might be possible to pass LIGHT and CONTROL commands to the home automation in the same way, but without the need for the gateway. After all, NL is Ethernet based, if a Home Automation has got an Ethernet connection, why having a gateway.

I have a BL gateway, but all my setup is ML. If someone is fully NL, maybe they could do without the gateway.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Feb 13 2015 8:23 PM
I've got loads of both Ml and NL

What exactly do you want to accomplish?
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS