Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoport-Mac with iMac G4

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

graemeben
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
graemeben Posted: Sat, Feb 14 2015 11:22 AM

hi everyone,

a bit 'old skool' here. I have an old iMac G4 with OSX 10.4.11 connected to a BC9300, mainly for Spotify but sometimes for my iTunes as well. I don't know anything much about Beoport other than it will allow control of iTunes via Beo4. How does this actually work? Is it still available- or even is it worth the bother as my current system works very well and I appreciate the Mac is now very old and basically obsolete. To me it is just a fancy juke box for Spotify and iTunes, but Apple and B&O do seem to sit well together. 

Some info and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Graeme.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Feb 15 2015 3:52 AM
Also does the bc 9300 have master link .... And which speakers do you have ?

BeoNut since '75

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Feb 15 2015 8:12 AM

Beoport needs special software and - because of the BC9300 - an external IR-Eye to be controlled with a Beo 4.
I can understand you old school love for the G4: The quicksilver versions where such beautiful designed machines! :)

Software:
- BM Link: http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/

- Linkplayer: http://www.conversation-it.co.uk/LinkPlayer/Linkplayer.html

The software accesses your iTunes library and you can control Play/Pause/Skip forward/Skip backwards with the Beo 4. I don't know if the Beoport requires a Masterlink device to work properly. I used it with a BS3000 with Masterlink and it worked fine for standard control but surely not for browsing your library.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Feb 15 2015 8:56 AM
@TWG I believe the OP will be able to use the BeoPort as a standalone audio master.

I am really frustrated that TWO posts have gone missing.

Anyway it is important to understand that BMLink reads the iTunes music files. It does NOT control the mouse / keys interface (eg like other Mac tools try to do)

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS