Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Vivaldi's Four Seasons........... recomposed by Max Richter

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher Posted: Mon, Feb 23 2015 9:41 PM

Has anyone heard this before? I'm watching it on Sky Arts as I type and I'm really, really enjoying it!

I must admit, it's a long time since I listened to the "original" and so am probably oblivious to most of the less obvious compositional differences, but I shall be buying the recording.

Ban boring signatures!

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

I love this album. It is very different from the original, more focus on "the cool parts". 

(I recommended the album in the "what are you listening to right now"-tread a while back)

If you decide to buy it on vinyl, there are two versions. The original, and an updated with some remixes. They are both available on Spotify, so I suggest you listen to the remixes before deciding. 

I bought the DVD, but I enjoy the vinyl/cd much more. But watching Daniel Hope´s loving what he does for a living always brightens my day. (He is smiling a lot!)

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

Puncher:

Has anyone heard this before? I'm watching it on Sky Arts as I type and I'm really, really enjoying it!

Just listening to some excerpts on iTunes I feel at least a little bit curious. Meanwhile I listen to the Eight Seasons performed by Gidon Kremer and the Kremerata Baltica with the original seasons by Vivaldi, each season adorned by one Argentinian season by Astor Piazzola.

Peter the biker

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 5:12 PM

I have this CD, haven't listened to it all in one sitting but scanned around and "sampled" it a bit. Not sure about it, it didn't grab me, but perhaps that's because mentally I was expecting the Four Seasons and since it's something else/more perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance. Something to try later in the evening with a scotch soon perhaps.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 5:29 PM

Jeff:
Something to try later in the evening with a scotch soon perhaps.

I really enjoyed "Spring", - it was only when "Summer" started that I realised that the signature "spring" riff had been omitted. Still very nice though!

Ban boring signatures!

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:53 PM
Superb!

Although the remixes are for a different taste.

I have the CD+DVD combo.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS