Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Penta - replacement part for spring press switch

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Gavin
Not Ranked
Sydney
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Gavin Posted: Mon, Feb 23 2015 10:46 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a replacement part available from somewhere other than B&O? I'll try them as a last resort but was hoping someone may have found another source. This is the spring press switch behind the control panel face on the amp at the base. It allows you to press the panel in, then press it out again. Currently mine just springs back out each time without locking away.

Any help is appreciated.

pepps
Top 500 Contributor
Kent, UK
Posts 116
Gold Member
pepps replied on Mon, Feb 23 2015 11:03 PM

I have exactly the same need! I've not found a suitable replacement either as yet, so if you do please drop me a line. (I only need 1)

Thanks!

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

They were not very expensive from B&O when I last bought some. Worth an enquiry?

Regards Graham

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:09 PM

I have the same need and recently enquired at my local B&O dealer, but he wasn't very helpful. If you find a dealer who still sells this part, please let us know.

Gavin
Not Ranked
Sydney
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Gavin replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 11:16 PM

Well, I inquired just out of curiosity with the local B&O workshop. I was surprised that they can order them at the reasonable cost of $6 each. I ordered 2. :)

Should be here within the week!

I'll post again once I have them to advise if this worked out OK. If you have trouble I can probably order more and have them posted to you directly. You can pay me via paypal.

Let's see if mine arrive first :)

Regards

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Fri, Feb 27 2015 5:20 PM

Brian:

I have the same need and recently enquired at my local B&O dealer, but he wasn't very helpful....

Called my dealer today and ordered two parts. Probably should have just called in the first place rather than trying to rely on email. Confused

Gavin
Not Ranked
Sydney
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Gavin replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:42 AM

Parts arrived within the week. If you can't find a dealer who will order these for you I could help but it would seem they are readily available and in stock.

Let me know if you need an order placing. :)

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Price?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:11 AM

leosgonewild:

Price?

Already stated earlier at 6$ each.

Dave.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Ahh, now I saw it. What is the part#? Have to order some other spare parts, so might as well order the spring at the same time.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Brian
Not Ranked
California
Posts 72
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 4:32 PM

I picked up a replacement latch last weekend. I carefully disassembled my Penta amp only to find out that the back plate behind the door was cracked (Part No. 3452527) and that the original latch was fine. I fixed the back plate with some 5-minute epoxy and the door now locks like new. Since I already have an extra replacement latch, I may ask my dealer if he can order a replacement back plate. But I am generally happy with the result.

The moral to the story is that if the door clicks, but fails to lock, the latch may not be the cause. There are three parts to the locking system (latch, backplate, and door). It might be a good idea to check to see what part is defective first.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS