Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1000 Questions

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2015 3:45 PM

Recently picked up this original Beogram 1000. I believe it is an early model with the silver platter. I have a couple of questions though!

Firstly, what year did they change from this version to the more common black platter version?

Sadly the serial number sticker has come off so I am also unsure of the type number. Was this design just one type number or where there plenty of others?

Many thanks!

Ben
Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 3:52 PM

Beautiful deck !

Take off the bottom plate (two screws) and look inside. Many decks have an extra serial number label inside.

Martin

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:07 PM

Does it work correctly Ben? What's the lid like? Do you have the SP6/7?

I think you'll be pleased. I love mine which probably has the same round motor. It looks nothing really special - a bit diminutive even - but it sounds really good.

Jacques

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 8:54 PM
Thanks Martin, I will check that and let you know.

Jacques, not sure yet. It is currently at a friends house until I go and pick it up. Hopefully it will work! I do have the SP 6/7 too which should be fine!

I have a Beogram 1500 to sort out at some point as well which seems work fine as an amplifier but there is an issue with the record player. But that's for another day!

Ben
Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Here the serial number of the one I just bought (also grey model), yours look better Ben.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:06 PM
Thanks Søren, much appreciated. I guess this will be the same type number then. I will post mine when I find it inside!

How is yours? Have you received it yet? I saw it in the other thread last week.

Ben
Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

As all the items I buy on Ebay US, also this one is shipped to my family in McAllen TX, it will then stay there in the box until I can pick it up. this always take some time (up to 6 month) and I cant check the items upon arrival, so I can never return or open a dispute over anything i bought this way. But until now I was lucky, only a BG RX did not come as described, I had to use that one as a donor unit.

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:12 AM
Ah, fair enough. I bet it is always a nice surprise when you get to pick them up though!

I am in a similar situation in the sense that I am at University so all of my projects and purchases get sent back home. It is always nice when I return though and have some boxes awaiting!

Back to this 1000, I've been told it works perfectly Big Smile.

It is type 5203-4 Beogram 1000V with Serial Number:

no. 33943.

Luckily it also has the optional pre-amp so it works well with my Beomaster 900M and type-B speakers. Can't wait to get home and try out the set now!

The stylus is also fine which is lucky because that was a gamble, I had no indication any of this would work at all and was expecting a long restoration job but it seems not for now.

Ben
Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Thu, Feb 26 2015 11:38 AM

Also, thanks Martin, the serial number was inside as you suggested. Does anyone else keep a record of their serial numbers or is that just me Surprise

The lid is in good shape Jacques in answer to your earlier question, but does have a small crack on the back corner. Hopefully it will polish up either way,

Ben

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:28 PM

Ben_S:

Luckily it also has the optional pre-amp so it works well with my Beomaster 900M and type-B speakers.

Ben

A RIAA module was also available for the BM900.
It replaces the Phono input DIN socket.

I've also seen the Beogram 1000 RIAA built in to a Beomaster 900:

Where there's will....

Martin

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I have a list with all my items, model, type, serial number, bought when and where, and price. I find it interesting to, if possible, to find out where in the world the items have been, I have a pair of speakers that have been in Australia, USA and now Mexico. Often you will find stickers from repair shops outside or in. On the drawings if available one find notes from repairers.

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Fri, Feb 27 2015 2:48 PM
Martin,

Sadly my 900 does not have the RIAA so I am relieved that the 1000 does!

Are they the same modules then or slightly different?

I'm really after one for my Beogram 1800, is that a different module again?

Søren, it seems I am not alone in cataloging then! I keep a list of all of my serial numbers (currently around 40) with my price paid, date, condition, issues and what they came with. It is interesting to look at the serial numbers too, the more I build up the better picture of the age of products develops!

Ben
the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Ben_S:
Martin,

Hi Ben,

it would be nice to hear from Martin if the RIAA from BG1000 matches the BG1800. If yes I could maybe help you to get one. There is a guy here locally in Vienna (I know him) who is at the moment selling lot of original NOS parts for old B&O devices. He has a RIAA for BG1000 for 25€. Here the Picture of it:

So we have to wait on Martin's answer...

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

the_o_master:

Ben_S:
Martin,

There is a guy here locally in Vienna (I know him) who is at the moment selling lot of original NOS parts for old B&O devices. He has a RIAA for BG1000 for 25€. Here the Picture of it:

And no, it's not me. As I said, I know him, it is an old dude who was working for B&O for more then 30 years. Here you can see his adds:

http://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/marktplatz?orgId=19277920

I bought one of his RIAA boards for my Beogram 42V

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:24 PM
Many thanks for your kind offer Theomaster.

Sadly I believe I am looking for a GF4 RIAA for the 1800 rather than a GF3 for the 1000. The GF4 seems a little rarer than the GF3. Hopefully this information is correct!

I am sure Martin will correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that won't fit! On the 1800 and the 3000 Beograms the RIAA slots in underneath whereas the one for my 1000 is bolted inside the unit.

Thanks

Ben
Tim Ornellas
Not Ranked
Hove, UK
Posts 25
Gold Member

Hello

I just read an old (2015) thread that mentions an ex BEO engineer in Vienna that still sells parts. Unsurprisingly the link you posted is no longer active after 4 years so do you by any chance have an email address for this person. Many thanks.

Tim

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 3:46 PM

Which parts do you need and for which unit?

Martin

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

timornellas:

Hello

I just read an old (2015) thread that mentions an ex BEO engineer in Vienna that still sells parts. Unsurprisingly the link you posted is no longer active after 4 years so do you by any chance have an email address for this person. Many thanks. Tim

Unfortunately the guy passed away 2 years ago  Sad

If you are looking for spare parts try with Martin (dillen).

BR

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Mr.cube
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
Mr.cube replied on Fri, Feb 18 2022 5:40 PM

Hi i have a riaa gf3,can i use IT whid a St/P tonearm.and how to mount IT,?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS