Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 7 TV Mark II and Apple TV sound issue

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Flange
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Flange Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:22 PM

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.  I am trying to set up Apple TV with my Beovision 7 TV.  The TV is a Mark II I think so does not have a HDMI connection; it has a DVI-I.  I have connected the Apple TV using a convertor DVI-I to HDMI.  I get the picture but no sound.  I went into maplin to get advise on how to connect the sound, they sold me an optical audio convertor which I have then connected to one of the Digital Audio In sockets in the back of the TV.  Then set up the connections on the menu on the TV but still no sound.

The Apple TV is about 3 years old - not sure which generation this is.

I've been in to the B&O store and they can't help me; they say they have had some issues with this too and its not worthwhile sending out installation engineers as they've found it not to be cost effective.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Angi

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Feb 24 2015 7:37 PM

Have you checked the Optical Audio setting in the General Audio/Video menus on the Apple TV. I know there's a setting, but I'm at work so I'm not sure what it says specifically. Hopefully it is on/off. And you can set it to on.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

You will have to use a digital to coax converter that supports 5.1.

But easiest way to get it working is to buy a optical to rca converter, and use the rca input on the BV7 combined with AV4.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Thu, Feb 26 2015 11:39 PM
Make sure the apple is set to stereo out not pcm.

Been down this road before.
maxwellmember
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

I'm having the same problem with my Mk3 and Apple TV 3rd gen. The Apple TV doesn't have those options. Only Dolby on or off and there is no PCM setting on the audio set up on my BV7. 

I'm completely perplexed. If it can't work with Apple can I get another STB to work

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS