Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink Gateway and Niko Home Control

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

mf22433
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
mf22433 Posted: Sun, Mar 1 2015 2:11 PM

Hi all,

I shall soon join the club with the introduction of a BV Avant 55, a pair of BL18 and a BL19 in my living room, delivery planned next Friday, I can't wait :-)

My house is equipped with a Niko Home Control system (light control, ventilation control, blinds control, IP connected). 

Does anybody know whether the Beolink Gateway can interface with the Niko Home Control system (http://www.niko.eu/enus/niko/products/niko-home-control/)? I don't see Niko mentioned in the list of supported products in the Beolink Gateway documentation.

Thanks in advance

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Hi,

B&O will soon open part of the beolink protocol, so you won't need a box, however you'll still need drivers...

Do you know Niko has an open API?

P.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

mf22433
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
mf22433 replied on Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:15 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't find trace of any documentation about their API, I'll ask my installer.

What do you mean by "you won't need a box" ? I shall not need the Beolink Gateway at all ?

Michel

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

That's right, NL products are communication via Ethernet. There is a protocol that allows the Beoremote App to control all the NL devices. This Beoremote protocol is about to be opened to Home Automation systems. So they'll be able to control them and receive status info without the need for a BLGW.

I do not know the terms of this. I do not know if the protocol is going to be publicly available, or reserved for Home Automation manufacturers.

You can see more in my other post.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

mf22433
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
mf22433 replied on Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:33 PM

Very interesting ! Thanks, I'll check with Niko.

Michel

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:
I do not know the terms of this. I do not know if the protocol is going to be publicly available, or reserved for Home Automation manufacturers.

There is a link  for the beonet protocol description on the beointegration.com site, but at the moment it just says "The BeoNet Remote protocol is not yet published. Please check back later.". I'm hoping though that this means it will be made publicly available in due course.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS