Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoPlay H8 - Bluetooth Drop Out - Questions

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers

dizza2
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
dizza2 Posted: Wed, Mar 4 2015 4:20 PM

Hi All, 

First post on the forum, I have been to test the H8's in one of the London stores, they are everything I am looking for out of a pair of headphones, I was very close to purchasing them there and then, but thought it would be best to research before committing.  

From what I  have read on various forums is that there is are issues with bluetooth drop outs specifically with Apple products (I have a iPhone 6), my questions are; 

Is the drop out issue due to a particular batch (as some forums suggest)?

Has anyone managed to find a fix? 

Should I wait until this problem has been resolved before I purchase?

Look forward to your comments and thoughts! 

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Tue, May 12 2015 11:20 AM
Seems like a general problem? Not just for B&O. I don't know if B&O solved the problem.

Sennheiser pulls Momentum Wireless headphones after Bluetooth issues

http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/11/sennheiser-momentum-wireless-headphones-bluetooth-issues/

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I would wait, but then again I prefer the H6 over the H8 because I prefer over ear than on ear. I love the noise cancelling of the 8s though Sad

Every maker that had toiled with wireless headphones has always been an issue

So if you like the 8 use them with the cord :-)
Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, May 12 2015 11:53 AM

I'd also wait until the tech is fully up to it.  Funnily enough the Beats wireless headphones don't seem to suffer from this according to reviews I've seen and they've been around for ages.

Dave.

dizza2
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
dizza2 replied on Tue, May 12 2015 12:03 PM

Didn't realise the Momentum's have been pulled! All the H8's in stores in London that I have looked in, including B&O stores are all out of stock, the sales guys I've spoken to in the B&O stores have said they will not be back in stock until Aug.  Hopefully this means they are addressing dropout issues. 

dizza2
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
dizza2 replied on Tue, May 12 2015 12:08 PM

Dave Farr:

I'd also wait until the tech is fully up to it.  Funnily enough the Beats wireless headphones don't seem to suffer from this according to reviews I've seen and they've been around for ages.

Dave.

I've actually had the original beats wireless headphones for over 4 years these still are my everyday headphones, never had any issues with BT, the beats do not have noise cancelling though... 

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, May 12 2015 12:18 PM

Same here, I've been using the Beats Studio's for nearly 3 years for gym use and zero BT dropouts!

tobeyone
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 125
Founder
tobeyone replied on Tue, May 12 2015 1:18 PM

Paul W:

Same here, I've been using the Beats Studio's for nearly 3 years for gym use and zero BT dropouts!

Same here, I've been using the H8's for nearly 7 weeks, most days, and zero BT dropouts!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, May 12 2015 2:04 PM

WOW they must have sorted out the quality control problems then! I remember the days when B&O would proudly boost in their catalogues about their finest R&D and how everything is tested and tested and tested before going to market. I do hope that they work as I love the look of the H8's But for £400 i'd expect perfection.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, May 12 2015 6:02 PM

Usine the H8 for about 4 weeks : no dropout !

apot1
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
apot1 replied on Sun, May 17 2015 2:23 AM

Hi,

I have been experiencing the same problems myself with the h8's. I just recently received the h8's and was really looking forward to them as they were my first experience with a product from B&O. Unfortunately while using bluetooth they drop out constantly to the point where they are unusable. I am running them with a mac pro 2013 (with built in bluetooth 4.0). I was previously using harman/kardon bt headphones for over a year and never experienced any bluetooth related problems. As such I did not even think it would be an issue with B&O, but am certain the problem lies with the bluetooth of the h8 headphones. I would have expected this to not even have been an issue from a company with a reputation for such high quality, especially when others have obviously figured it out with no problems. While they work great with the auxiliary cord connected, bluetooth was important to me which is why I choose the h8's. For $500 and my first time trying a B&O product, I don't think nearly as highly of the product/company as I had previously had. I am very disappointed. 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

This is just beyond me. 

I have read tons of favorable reviews on Amazon, here and elsewhere from happy owners with no dropouts whatsoever practically.

And then also more than enough people having constant dropouts on bluetooth. Being puzzled is an understatement - and I really want H8 but can't take a risk (yet). *sigh*

BillC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 121
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Thu, May 21 2015 11:34 PM
Just tried my H8 with another Bluetooth transmitter on my Tv. Definitely much better than my last unit. The H8 doesn't lose its Bluetooth link to the transmitter, there are still occasional drop off but much much less frequently than previously and the link resumes.

Bluetooth transmitter definitely seems to affect the quality of the link - don't know why it's so vastly different but it is. Both units was suppose to be Bluetooth 4 with APX
Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Ferdinand replied on Fri, May 22 2015 10:45 AM
I tested 2 units in Copenhagen flagship store. Unfortunately drop out all the time, every 10-20 sec. I had my iPhone 5, with latest IOS update, in my hand, pocket, on the desk and it was simply not good.

I decided not to purchase, and I doubt if there will be an update coming anytime soon.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, May 22 2015 1:11 PM

it's so strange that there are so many problems when the new A2 has proven faultless as far as BT is concerned

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, May 22 2015 1:11 PM

dup'd

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, May 22 2015 1:21 PM

I've just had an Email from B&O saying that the H8 is back in stock in limited quantities! How very bizarre! Once bitten, twice shy!

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 179
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Fri, May 22 2015 1:31 PM

Duels:

it's so strange that there are so many problems when the new A2 has proven faultless as far as BT is concerned

You can easily force drop outs with the A2 by covering too much of your phone.

I've experiences this a few times where I'm sitting down and the phone is between my legs. The A2 was 1-2 meters way.

I won't fault the A2 for this though.

Beovision Eclipse gen2 (GX) w/ floorstand, Beolab 14.2, 4 speaker Shape and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A9mk4 GVA, Beosound 1 GVA, H2, H3, H8, E6, Beoplay EQ

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Unbelievable that the H8's weren't on this list

http://www.t3.com/features/best-noise-cancelling-headphones

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

HardCopy
Not Ranked
California, USA
Posts 47
Bronze Member
HardCopy replied on Fri, May 22 2015 5:15 PM

Okay so I have owner H8 ever since launch, I have also tested the H8s at stores and at CES in Las Vegas - in general I have no drop outs, only experienced it under normal use a few times for a split second.

This is with an Iphone 5S. I know there's been some pairing issues with certain android phones due to the OS/Bluetooth version.

It's a general issue with Bluetooth and wireless signal - the 4.0 standard supports the stereo, microphone for handsfree and controls.

I would say go for it, if you can find them in stock - and enjoy.

PS: Also own a pair of H6 and would agree they are more comfortable but not active noise canceling and the lack bass compared to H8

BeoVision 11-55, BeoCenter 2, BeoLab 9s, BeoLab 3s, Beo4/5/6, BeoRemote One, BLGW, Transmitter 1, BeoLit 12, A8, H6, H8

AraiRx7GP
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
AraiRx7GP replied on Sat, Sep 19 2015 7:29 AM

Hi, I had a nightmare problem with the H8 I originally bought, took them back to the B&O shop in Hong Kong who sent them away for service check, the particular set I had had a confirmed BT weak signal - as in could not stay connected to my iPhone 6 in my pocket let alone anything else !  So far the new set I picked up today are working fine.  Will be testing them with my MacBook Pro Retina 13" on Monday - it's in my office, but will also test with my other MacBook Air and iMac etc.  So far if the iPhone experience is anything to go with - then hoping for an improved experience all round !  Has to be said the sound quality on a working set is superb !  So I'd recommend getting your H8s checked by B&O service, I suspect they had a duff batch !

archie
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member
archie replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 3:35 PM

HELLO

i test today a H8 in a store in Paris.

i take my music system a 5 o 6 years old IPOD (no iphone) and everything was good.

no dropout in my back pocket or front pocket.

i walking 10m away from the ipod and all was good absolutely no dropout.

may be it's will be good to start a discution  with for each of our :  the musical system  and dropout ou or not ?

and of course, i bought my H8 Smile

Page 1 of 1 (22 items) | RSS