Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Changing fm range in beomaster 6000 quad

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason Posted: Thu, Mar 5 2015 10:01 AM

Has anyone any experience in increasing the fm range on the bm6000 quad from 104 to 108?

One of my favorite stations is on 105.2 and before I start restoring my machine would like to know if this is plausible .

i guess I could move the frequencies losing the range in the 80s up past the 104

but wondered if there is a later machine that I could transfer the fm coil from with a wider band

i know I will have to make a new Perspex lid with different numbers on but mine is damaged anyway so that may have to be done anyway

i haven't got inside my bm6000 yet as there are parts I want to order first so it's not sitting in pieces for longer than necessary.

is this idea doomed from the start?

thanks in advance 

Jason 

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
Posts 1,249
Bronze Member

Yes, it can be done, without changing any parts.

Because it is a voltage controlled tuner, every frequency has a specific voltage, and you just need to do the alignment, and "allow" the voltages for the higher frequencies into the system. It's a trial and error scenario.

That's done when you adjust the voltages for the upper and lower ends of the frequency scale - check the service manual.

Menahem

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS