Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 19 upgrade from Beolab 11

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

sq2002
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
sq2002 Posted: Fri, Mar 6 2015 4:54 PM

Hello there,

My current situation : Room 8 x 6 meter, 3,5 meter high. Hard stone floor. In front BV-11 with one each side 2 x Beolab 18 and on left side 1 x Beolab 11. In the back (8 meter) again 2 x Beolab 18.

On the low volume I am missing some "deep" sound, and on full it's like " boom-boom-boom" sound... if you know what I mean.

Don't have the budget for Beolab 5, but was wondering is upgrading to Beolab 19 would make some difference, with some more "body" in the sound at low, and a more "full" sound on loud...?

Anyone can tell me some of there ideas on this ?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Mar 6 2015 6:25 PM

I'm  curious. Do you find that the BeoLab 11 makes any difference at all with the BeoLab 18? I've found that in my bedroom setup that the BeoLab 11 improves the sound of the BeoLab 6000s and BeoLab 4000s. I've wondered, however, if it makes any improvement at all for any of the speakers above the BeoLab 6000 or BeoLab 4000 range.

LR2015
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Bronze Member
LR2015 replied on Fri, Mar 6 2015 8:27 PM

Could you borrow a BL19 maybe?

Amazone
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 187
Bronze Member
Amazone replied on Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:28 PM

I can imagine the Beolab 11 being too small and too low-end in combination with your 4 beautiful Beolab 18's.  So I would suspect the Beolab 19 to be a good upgrade but I haven't heard the combination in real life. Is the boom boom gone when you leave the Beolab 11 completely out?

BeoVision 11-55, BeoLab 8000, BeoRemote One BT, AppleTV 4, 2x BeoPlay A2, BeoPlay A1

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:54 AM

I have this setup in my livingroom (BL18+19), about the same size..

And the sound is wonderful, very clear and a nice deep sound from the 19's.

You won't regret it! 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Apparently according to my dealer some people have used 2x BL 11 as they may not be strong enough in all situations.

That's another reason why I went with the BL19
Steve_torque
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 145
Bronze Member

I second what Normann says. I have this combination and I wouldn't be without my 19 now. I think it looks great with the 18's as well.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Mar 7 2015 11:49 AM

Aussie Michael:
That's another reason why I went with the BL19

Michael, 2 weeks nail biting before it arrives. Correct? Big Smile

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

sq2002
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
sq2002 replied on Sun, Mar 8 2015 6:10 PM

I will ask if we can borrow one for testing. May I ask you if the 19 can act as a deeper sound on lower volume ?

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chris:

Michael, 2 weeks nail biting before it arrives. Correct?

" Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth. "

G'day Chris

Yes. It should arrive any day now and I'm in Thailand for a week of me time and enjoy my life more. I'm waiting for the email from the dealer so yes I'm still biting my nails, even my toe nails are looking tasty! Geeked Ick!
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
It's gonna push back till April 21 delivery because of an issue with the bL 19s they found a part that could be great over time so they have pushed mine back to ensure its the new stock.
rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
Posts 201
Bronze Member
rxcohen replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 5:49 PM

what is the part, would you know? The only problem I have had is with power cord contacts don't have a great fit, and lose connectivity at times...

BV11-55, BS9000, BL1, BL19, Transmitter 1, Beo4, Beocom 6000, BeoTalk1 200, Sennheiser HD600, McIntosh MHA100

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 6:33 PM

Aussie Michael:
It's gonna push back till April 21 delivery because of an issue with the bL 19s they found a part that could be great over time so they have pushed mine back to ensure its the new stock.

Could "be great" over time? I'm sensing autocorrect at work! Smile

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

...and what was it, that was 'autocorrected'?

The sentence did not make any sense to me either ----- other than that Ausie Michael now has to wait...for some reason Confused

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Mar 18 2015 9:24 PM
Perhaps "break" became "be great". Just a guess.......
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Jeff:

Could "be great" over time? I'm sensing autocorrect at work!

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Hi guys. Sorry. I enabled dictation on the iPad. I prefer a physical kb.

The sentence should read "Could break down over time "

I don't know what part it was.

They said even if they found stock for me in the country, which is opposite what they said before when they weren't allowed to have stock on hand as everything has to be ordered, that it would have to have this part changed anyway.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS