Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8002 Power Block Pin Fix

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

RAJOD
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Silver Member
RAJOD Posted: Sat, Mar 14 2015 4:38 PM

My Beogram 8002 has had a few intermittent Power issues.   

The source is the connector Pins that the black Power Box slides on.

I have two power Blocks and tested both and they both have same poor connection.

I have to fiddle with it to get power.  If I push it all the down it will loose power.   So I have to push it all the way down then lift up the turntable to push the block off the pins maybe 1/2 " and then it gets power.   If I then put something under the block so it wont go down due to gravity It will work for days.

It seems that the block must be Pulling up on the pins to remain in contact.

I did take a soldering gun to all the pins (I did not add solder in fear of cross connecting the pins as they are very very close to each other.

That fix worked for a few months.

What I do not understand is why the short?   If I grab the pins with my hand none of them feel lose, they all feel solid.  Visually looking at the solder it all seems fine I don't see anything broken yet one of those pins is loose because If I fiddle with the block I can get power.

Today I checked the turn table and it had been spinning all night BACKWARDs with the 33.33 RPM lights blinking.    I fiddle with the block and again it works fine.

How do I re-solder these pins without flowing the solder to the adjacent pins?   

RAJOD
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Silver Member
RAJOD replied on Sat, Mar 14 2015 10:25 PM

Got it working again.   Put a piece of folder cardboard and wedged it under the circuit board pins so its pushing up on the board.   The power block does not go all the way down now but it works.

Will have to do until someone replies and I can do a proper solder job.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS