Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Old system-New House ? Options

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Gandam
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Gandam Posted: Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:39 PM

We have a Beosound 9000 and 3 pairs of Beovox 50 speakers. These were installed in our last property together with some red-line speakers which I have sold. I am looking at the options for re-installing our system in our new property. The problem we have is that all the walls are solid so difficult to get wires to however we are now in a bungalow so have good loft access to rewire & put the necessary connection boxes.

Could we make this system wireless in any way? Is it going to cost more to reinstall into 3 rooms than selling this system & getting a smaller but wireless system. I have totally lost touch with what is available now & not very technically minded to do any of it myself. We have all boxes/connectors but no wires from our old system. Thanks for any help.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Apr 13 2015 10:05 PM
Sorry for being confused.

Is the new premises the one with stone walls AND good loft access ?

BeoNut since '75

Gandam
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Gandam replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:03 AM

Sorry. Yes it is. Was trying for minimal disruption as all newly decorated and walls need chisel and angle grinders to make channels. Able to get above rooms from loft space. I suppose what I am trying to do is weigh up the cost financially and work involved against changing any of system at reasonable cost. Thanks

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 8:16 AM

If you still enjoy your set up and it would fit in to your new place I would just install it. You only have to do this once.

You can get all the cables you need from Sounds Heavenly.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

If you need (think of) a streaming solution, do remember, that you can stream to the BS9000 (using the A-Aux port for a receiver). You will then be able to listen to that source from any of your link-rooms.

Even if it is an old system, it still can be usefull.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 4:17 PM
Hi Gandam,

I think, you can take a lesson from #AlphaSerie

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/14661/128330.aspx#128330

Hello everybody,

I have been a long time reader here and eventually signed up to share my passion and my goals.

Ever since I saw and experienced the Beolink 7000 at my parents friends house in the mid 1990's I have become captivated by Bang & Olufsen and their design styles. 8 years ago I purchased my first products (Beocomm 6000, BeoSound4 and Beolab 8000 and the large BeoSystem 3 cabinet)

Those products have served me very well however I always wanted one more item... a B&O television. So I finally bit the bullet and went ahead a purchased one.

My goal was to have a clean setup with all AV equipment and all cables hidden. Much easier said than done of course. I was hoping the television was to look like a piece of art.

So the process began...

Re positioning the power outlets and adding Cat 6 cables for the home network. Having solid concrete walls makes the whole process that little bit harder.

The wall taking shape again

The planning process was long and tiring. I created a TV template of the exact size with the exact dimensions of the wall bracket before I purchased anything.

Bracket arriving

All the measuring paid off. The bracket fitted exactly

Testing the TV location on the wall

In order to have the cables hidden I needed to create a false wall and inside the wall would run the cables.

Confirming the size of tubing

The structure taking place

Tubing showing where the wiring location is. Having this method allows me to easily feed wires through in the future

The skin of the false wall

Behind the scenes starting to be organized

Installation day arrived

Behind the Beolab 8000's showing where the cables disappear into

Behind the television. I still have to tidy the cables a little

The television installed

The Study

Beocomm 6000 and Beolab4 PC speakers

A beautiful site

Of course I just need to get one more item for the TV setup... The Beolab 19 Wink

A BIG thank you to B&O here in Hong Kong for their assistance, especially during the planning process!!

0 0 1 632 3603 Home Use 30 8 4227 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 9:25 PM
Yes AlphaSierra has a great result from careful work and planning, and feature false walls may be a solution.

However I think the OP was wanting a solution that requires the least disruptions.

One thing that puzzles me, I thought the beovox speakers were passive. Does this mean there are ML connections to beolink amplifiers for the two link rooms ?

BeoNut since '75

Gandam
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Gandam replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 9:50 PM

Yes, the idea was can I use/improve the system I have and install it with minimal disruption. If not is there a wireless facility which i could perhaps combine with my system or upgrade so we don't have to chisel channels out of walls. Thanks

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 10:59 PM

Gandam:

Yes, the idea was can I use/improve the system I have and install it with minimal disruption. If not is there a wireless facility which i could perhaps combine with my system or upgrade so we don't have to chisel channels out of walls. Thanks

Are you prepared to replace the speakers ? or are they the best part Smile

And to confirm the speakers are driven by this unit:

http://beocentral.com/beolinkpassive

and so part of the challenge is supporting/hiding the wiring to the IR eye ?

BeoNut since '75

Gandam
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Gandam replied on Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:02 PM

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my question. I think, Valve Head you have summed it up, yes we do like our old system so we are going to go with this again. Thanks you hit the nail on the (valve) head & made me realise I had to just keep it simple.

Gandam
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Gandam replied on Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:02 PM

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my question. I think, Valve Head you have summed it up, yes we do like our old system so we are going to go with this again. Thanks you hit the nail on the (valve) head & made me realise I had to just keep it simple.

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 7:39 AM

Gandam:
I had to just keep it simple.

Enjoy  Yes - thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS