Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O in the Sky

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member
Alphasierra Posted: Tue, Apr 14 2015 9:56 AM

Hello everybody,

I have been a long time reader here and eventually signed up to share my passion and my goals.

Ever since I saw and experienced the Beolink 7000 at my parents friends house in the mid 1990's I have become captivated by Bang & Olufsen and their design styles. 8 years ago I purchased my first products (Beocomm 6000, BeoSound4 and Beolab 8000 and the large BeoSystem 3 cabinet)

Those products have served me very well however I always wanted one more item... a B&O television. So I finally bit the bullet and went ahead a purchased one.

My goal was to have a clean setup with all AV equipment and all cables hidden. Much easier said than done of course. I was hoping the television was to look like a piece of art.

So the process began...

Re positioning the power outlets and adding Cat 6 cables for the home network. Having solid concrete walls makes the whole process that little bit harder.

The wall taking shape again

The planning process was long and tiring. I created a TV template of the exact size with the exact dimensions of the wall bracket before I purchased anything.

Bracket arriving

All the measuring paid off. The bracket fitted exactly

Testing the TV location on the wall

In order to have the cables hidden I needed to create a false wall and inside the wall would run the cables. 

Confirming the size of tubing

The structure taking place

Tubing showing where the wiring location is. Having this method allows me to easily feed wires through in the future

The skin of the false wall

Behind the scenes starting to be organized

Installation day arrived

Behind the Beolab 8000's showing where the cables disappear into

Behind the television. I still have to tidy the cables a little 

The television installed

The Study

Beocomm 6000 and Beolab4 PC speakers

A beautiful site 

Of course I just need to get one more item for the TV setup... The Beolab 19 Wink

A BIG thank you to B&O here in Hong Kong for their assistance, especially during the planning process!!

0 0 1 632 3603 Home Use 30 8 4227 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 10:13 AM

Welcome to Beoworld and what a nice story, leading to a great project/installation.

Keep the pictures coming of your progress and the finished installation.

Dave.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 10:51 AM

nice set up and I really like your work desk set up....

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 10:53 AM
Congratulations AlphaSierra, you have fantastic setup.

A clear example that proper planning leads to perfection ! ! !

BeoNut since '75

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 12:55 PM
WOW !!!
kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 1:50 PM

Amazing Installation.
Great Job!

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 4:01 PM
Wow!! Whatever you doing, you should add interior Designing as your Second Gig. I'll be your first Client? Lol. Have fun with your System.
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:40 PM

jowus:
Wow!! Whatever you doing, you should add interior Designing as your Second Gig. I'll be your first Client? Lol. Have fun with your System.

Great work !

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Apr 14 2015 9:30 PM

I love these threads. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post all the images and content - we all appreciate it. Yes - thumbs up

That's an absolutely beautiful install. 

Lee

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 3:02 AM

Love it! Great job Yes - thumbs up

x:________________________

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 8:59 AM
Really displays B&O so cleanly it makes the products and their detail stand out. Thanks for sharing
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Alpha Sierra

Provides inspiration to those who maybe conducting new builds as what is possible when the house is being constructed.

With your wooden wall, did you find inspiration from the b&O showrooms?

Thank you for sharing such detailed and great photos.

Cheers

MH
Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Thank you everybody for the kind words. I am certainly happy with the setup so far.

Michael, thank you for your kind words. I have also been following your thread and am rather impressed with your setup.

Regarding your question, I've been fortunate enough to see various B&O showrooms over time and the idea came a few years ago. I like a nice clean look with no wires visible. Easier said than down of course. It was tricky exercise in the planning stages but well worth the effort.

Our new lounge is arriving in the next few days then I'll double check dimensions/space and then purchase the Beolab19 mid month. More photos come

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member

Hallo AlphaSierra - Great setup - beautiful. Yes - thumbs up

I can not find your wall bracket on the STB website, you will write the name and number.

Greetings/ Peter Pan

Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes STB do not sell this version of the wall bracket.

I purchased the wall bracket from B&O themselves. There are x4 options for the Avant 55 

1. Floor Stand

2. Table Stand

3. Wall bracket not motorised

4. Wall bracket motorised

The stand I chose was not motorised and this was for a number of reasons. Firstly the motorised stand is slightly larger which would have caused the television to sit out/away from the wall another 1cm. Something I didn't want. Secondly the non motorised bracket is sufficient enough if the television is not going to be turned at an angle away from the wall (ie: viewing is solely from in front and doesn't required the television to be angled greatly). Finally was the cost... having the motorised wall bracket was double the price which I couldn't justify for the amount of times I would use it.

All that being said, if anybody was contemplating an Avant television that would need to be angled/moved out every time for viewing, then the motorised wall bracket is strongly recommended according to B&O since it is designed and re-enforced to remain angled out. I have also been told it is acceptable for the standard wall bracket to be moved/angled out for maintenance behind the television but not to remain there permanently.

I didn't find many photos/info of the wall bracket in my extensive research during the planning stages so if anybody needs for details/photos please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope that helps

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member

Thank Alpha Sierra for your good review. 

Greetings / Peter Pan

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Alphasierra:

All that being said, if anybody was contemplating an Avant television that would need to be angled/moved out every time for viewing, then the motorised wall bracket is strongly recommended according to B&O since it is designed and re-enforced to remain angled out. I have also been told it is acceptable for the standard wall bracket to be moved/angled out for maintenance behind the television but not to remain there permanently.

That's what my dealer said too which I found odd

The main diff was the motorised one has a little extra bit in the middle which was the motorised mechanism
Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member

Another piece of the system arrived yesterday. The Beolab19 is very impressive and looks wonderful. I installed it myself, adjusted the dB levels and BOOM!! It's excellent!! The extra base component is 'icing on the cake' for the audio setup.

The Beolab19 sits beautifully next to the new couch. The wireless connection is a real bonus.

The remote is incredible. It handles so many functions

A very pleased B&O owner Big Smile

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, May 17 2015 11:10 PM
Great setup AlphaSierra ... No wonder you are one vey happy beoworlder

BeoNut since '75

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Mon, May 18 2015 12:34 AM

Absolutely lovely setup, very clean and sleek.

Beoplay A2

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

How many DB did you go up?  I went up 1/2 a DB lol 

Alphasierra
Not Ranked
Hong Kong
Posts 13
Bronze Member

elephant:
Great setup AlphaSierra ... No wonder you are one vey happy beoworlder

Thank you Elephant... I'm going to be down in Melbourne for two nights at the end of June so I'm hoping to fit in a visit to the B&O store in the city centre.

markiedee:

Absolutely lovely setup, very clean and sleek.

Thank you Mark. Much appreciated 

Aussie Michael:

How many DB did you go up?  I went up 1/2 a DB lol 

Haha... I've been experimenting and doing a lot of reading over the past few weeks. It's amazing how much you can tweak the setup and customize.

I've repositioned the BL19 to the front right for the time being while I experiment. Ideally I'd like to have the subwoofer positioned next to the couch as pictured above however it just sounds like I'm not getting the most out of it (I don't really hear the base) when I'm sitting on the couch.

To answer your question... I initially increased the dB to max 6.0... and Wow!!! POWERFUL!!... too much in fact, so I subsequently reduced it back to 3.5dB for the time being while I'm experimenting. I plan on writing a review of my settings and experiences soon.

After reading your thread again Michael, I'm thinking Beolab3 speakers (or something else) either side of the couch around head height when seated. I need them to be wireless though. Maybe I'll wait and see what else B&O might reveal this year, if anything Huh? I want to have the surround experience when watch movies.

Page 1 of 1 (22 items) | RSS