Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoPlay V1 and LinkPlayer

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

sin
Not Ranked
Stockholm
Posts 4
Bronze Member
sin Posted: Tue, Jun 5 2012 6:09 AM

Thinking strongly on replacing my BV7 against a V1

But no link option, and I want to link my BS9000

Would it be possible using Mac Mini, BeoLink Pc Link Player to get control and audio to V1'an

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

sin:

Would it be possible using Mac Mini, BeoLink Pc Link Player to get control and audio to V1'an

Hi, I am not sure how often Philippe may check the Nordic forums !

Might be better to post into the Mac forum (or send Philippe a PM).

(but instead I placed this copy into the General forum as it is a broader V1 systems integration topic)

You mention the "BeoLink Pc", but did you mean BeoPort ?

I am not sure if Philippe built in support for the BeoLink PC ....

Do you currently have the BS9000 master linked to the BV7?

And to the BeoLink PC/BeoPort ?

You certainly should be able to make this connection:

>BS9K
||
|| 
ML
||
 >BeoPort ---- IR eye
|+|
|+| USB  + Audio minijack
|+|
 >MacMini with LinkPlayer
|||
||| HDMI
|||
 >V1

Adding an Apple TV to the mix or the newly rumoured Mac Mini (see next week's Apple conference) would help make things both richer and more complicated ! (so if you do not already have a Mac Mini, wait at least a week)

The new version of LinkPlayer (currently in beta) has local and distributed (two channels simultaneously) support.

So the new LinkPlayer should be able to send the same audio track to both the BS9K and to the V1 and play in both rooms.

If you have the IR eye installed on the BeoPort it & the LinkPlayer should be able to receive Beo4 commands and operate accordingly.

I believe the LinkPlayer menus would appear on the V1 as well as LinkPlayer video library access.

I believe all the BeoLabs in the V1 room will need to be attached to the V1, not to the BeoPort.

As the V1 has no OUT audio output jacks (other than for PowerLink) the big challenge would be how to get V1 audio into the BS9K room -- I think this will depend upon what devices you want to attached to the V1, such as:

• BluRay Player ?
  • Set Top Box ?
regards Ed

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 10:17 AM

sin:

I posted your question to the General forum (as mentioned above) and there are now some answers there :-

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/1470.aspx

(which you have probably already read Smile)

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS