Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 4 with Beolink Gateway

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Sun, Apr 19 2015 4:53 PM

Hello all

I have a Beovision 7 in one room and beosound 4 in another connected via ML.

Originally I had the Beosound4 in an option to stop it receiving remote commands and allow manual button presses, it can be access via from the main room.

A few weeks ago it stopped responding to Beolink gateway commands and i had to change it to option 0, once I did this it now responds to the Gateway app again but:

I have speakers conncted to the Beosound 4 and when i hit CD from the main room the stereo comes on and sound comes from the living room speakers.

When i turn up the volume on the stereo itself if turns up the volume in the main room and the standby button turns off the TV even if i am watching a video source.

If i use the app i can turn the stereo up and down and off and the sound plays from the locally conencted penta speakers.

The beosound 4 is compatible with the beolink gateway and has the below statement in the book as a note.

*As the audio products are ML audio masters they can be used alone with BeoLink Gateway.
All Audio Masters are able to receive commands from BLGW, no matter which option they are in.
In a integrated setup (option 0) the commands must be send to the Video Master using the audio master as
source center.

Does this mean that the Beosound can only work in Option 0?

Basically i have two rooms next to each other that the IR commands can bleed between the two. If the above is true and i have to use it in option 0 because its in a intergrated setup i have some options:

1) Sell the Beosound and replace it with a Beolink active for the room to be a link room perhaps only operating from a remote by using the link command.

2) Put the beosound in the same room as the Beovision so the options are correct

3) Sell the beosound and turn the room its in into a link room with an active and buy a moment which does not care about option programming.

Any Advice?

Can I have give the beovision 7 and Beosound option 1 programming if they both have their own speakers connected and use the Beolink gateway?

Cheers all

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi all

So I have set both main room audio and video to option 1 and they both respond correctly via the Beo4

TV only responding to Video commands and stereo only responding to Audio commands.

Problem I have it television responds to beolink commands via the beolink app but the stereo does not seem to respond to command.

I do have them setup in different rooms on the gateway because they are effectively in different rooms that could also be one room.

Any thoughts all it does say that the beosound 4 will respond to commands in any option.

What am I missing ?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 9:15 PM
Check the monitor and see what commands you're sending via the gateway.

That set up should work.

You could also put the bs4 in link option ..
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Option 4 is a good idea

I assume I need to tick the link box on the blgw options

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 9:56 PM
Actually I don't think it will matter in the blgw because it sends the commands discretely.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 9:57 PM
After I posted that I thought ... It might matter if that bs4 will carry light and control commands to the blgw. If that is the case then check the link box so the blgw will look for the link commands.
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sun, Apr 19 2015 10:18 PM

BS4 is a Masterlink product. If it is in A.OPT1 it must be assigned manually to the gateway. 

This is not necessary if it is in A.OPT 0, because it will be controlled via the BV.

Maybe this causes the faulty behaviour...?

Stefan

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

Thank you, what do you mean manually?

I can delete it and add again using capture is that what you mean?

I did have it in option 1 before and it worked but then it stopped so I changed it.

I have updated the software fully recently also.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

Also the resources are in two different rooms on the gateway.

Does option 1 on the TV and beosound require they be in the same room?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 9:46 PM

I don`t own a BLGW, but should be the same or similiar to MLGW:

on webinterface programming devices you can assign your ML products to the gateway:

select single product - press single product - now instructions for the process will be displayed - it`s quite simple...

You should do that with every ML product, because they have no auto detection as NL products.

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Wed, Apr 22 2015 9:56 PM

Seanie_230:
Hi there

Also the resources are in two different rooms on the gateway.

Does option 1 on the TV and beosound require they be in the same room?

No.

1/1 audio-video setup can be located in two different rooms - should be configured then in this way (two room numbers and MLNs)

Stefan

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

They are both configured as option 1 and both in different rooms with different MLN's.

TV responds to the gateway but the BS4 does not.

Frustrating Super Angry

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Fri, Apr 24 2015 1:23 PM

Did you try the assignment procedere?

I think this is called "Capture" in BLGW interface...(?)

See also page 25 in BLGW installation guide.

I think this is what I wrote some posts before.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS