Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connect Beovision 9 to Mac Powerbook

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

salmonpermit
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
salmonpermit Posted: Sun, Apr 26 2015 2:11 PM

I have recently become the proud owner of a Beovision 9 TV, speakers and some type of DVD control centre.....they came with I house I have purchased.

The system is already linked up to a Sky box (an old non-HD one, that just allows viewing of a few free channels.  

I am trying to link the TV system unto my PC, so I can stream movies etc.  The laptop in question is a MacBookPro, and I have bought the leads to connect it to one of the HDMI in the back of the TV.  So far so good.  I also think I have got the TV to recognise it on AV6.

However, where I have got stuck is trying to turn the channel /TV across to taking a feed from this source.  That doesn't seem to be working at all.

If it helps, I am controlling the TV and system via a long thin remote.

All help much appreciated!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Apr 26 2015 11:32 PM
You need to associate a source with AV6 eg a label like DVD, DVD2, or probably PC

Then you add that source label to the long thin remote

Probably a Beo4 - so press its [LIST] key to see what soft key sources are already assigned

You may need to add a new soft key source - we can talk you through that

But what I would also do is go to [MENU] then navigate to B&O menus for "Connections" and write down a list of what and how each AV port has been configured

Also write a list of the existing soft keys under the [LIST] command

BeoNut since '75

salmonpermit
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

hi there - not sure if you are online.....or anyone else who can help.

i can get to the place where it shows me what I have listed under AV1 etc:

AV1 = DVD

AV2 = V.MEM.....and if I press  the V.MEM button on the remote control, i get attached to the Sky Box

AV3, 4 and 5 say NONE

AV6 = PC

What I seem to be failing to do is to configure the remote (a Beo4) to switch over to this.....i guess i need to programme the remote.

So....further help required! 

salmonpermit
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

So close......i now have the sound coming through the speakers.......but the TV remains a big black nothingness!! Arghh, very frustrating!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, May 4 2015 12:35 AM
To configure the [PC] command on your Beo4:

1/ press [LIST] and [STANDBY] (Orange/Red dot) buttons at the same time (this most likely will power off the BV9)

2/ look at the Beo4 display and press [LIST] button repeatedly until you see "ADD ?" displayed

3/ select "ADD" by pressing the select (GO) button

4/ press [LIST] repeatedly until the you see "PC" displayed on the Beo4's display

Now you have a new (soft) key command to use:

Press [LIST] repeatedly until [PC] appears and press (GO) to select.

The BV9 should turn on.

If it is like my BV8 you may see "PC" displayed top centre of the BV9's screen.

If you go to your Mac's System Preferences ... Displays ... You should see that the Mac has recognised the existing off he display (assuming the cable is working) and like my BV8 your Mac OSX may even recognise that it is talking to a "B&O ..." Screen.

Try fiddling with those OSX Display settings to see if it is a resolution / frame rate issue that you have.

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS