Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 9000 keypad repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

krais
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 136
Silver Member
krais Posted: Thu, May 14 2015 8:36 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I could use some help with repairing a Beocord 9000 that I bought second hand. There are quite a few problems to fix, one of them is a non-functioning record button. It cannot be pressed all the way down it seems so my plan is to disassemble the keypad and check the keys and contacts. 

However, I'm having problems disassembling PCB #1 (microcomputer & display). It is secured with a number of clips and I cannot figure out how to unclip. It looks like the pcb should be shifted sideways but I'm afraid to use a lot of pressure.

Any tips? Thanks. 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, May 14 2015 10:46 PM

Easier the other way in.
The operating panel is held by two (or is it three) catches along the extreme lower front. Losen them using a fairly large flatbladed
screwdriver or similar tool while lifting up the lower edge of the panel, then slide it forward and off.

Martin

krais
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 136
Silver Member

Thanks Martin, for pointing me in the right direction.

So just to confirm, I should force the panel upward with a screwdriver at the indicated points below?

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Fri, May 15 2015 10:51 AM

Correct

and it's the opposite way round on the beogram

once you pop the 3 clips it slides down

jason

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Fri, May 15 2015 11:07 AM

Just looking at the beocord 9000, you can push the clips from the board side just under the metal service position rod

krais
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 136
Silver Member
krais replied on Fri, May 15 2015 12:00 PM

Thanks, Jason.

I can see and reach the 3 clips from the board side. However, they are very difficult to unclip. When I unclip, the panel still will not move upwards even when applying a lot of pressure and when trying to unclip one of the other positions the original clips back in place...

Do you know if the panel is being hold in place by something other than the 3 clips on the lower side?

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Fri, May 15 2015 12:33 PM

I don't think there is anything else, are you lifting the panel slightly higher than the clips once I clicked?

i can check for sure in a few hours, I'm just on the road right now so can have a look when I get back but in my mind once unclipped and held up from the front it should just slide

krais
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 136
Silver Member
krais replied on Fri, May 15 2015 5:17 PM

Difficult to tell, there is not a lot of movement at all (1-2mm) and it takes a lot of pressure. I'm afraid appyling more pressure will break something.

If you could check I would greatly appreciate it.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, May 15 2015 5:23 PM

NO !

Place the Beocord so that its front edge is apprx 5cm out over the table edge.
Lift the upper part of the Beocord up a bit and pull it forward to stick out over the front edge of the lower part (don't swing the upper part
up to vertical - let it remain horizontal).
This will allow you to see up under the foremost edge of the upper part from below.
Takes a little practice.
Then use a screwdriver FROM BELOW, and VERTICALLY UP to release the catches.

Martin

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Fri, May 15 2015 7:18 PM

After re-reading your post ,i think your problem is your pushing up instead of sliding down

krais
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 136
Silver Member
krais replied on Fri, May 15 2015 8:03 PM

Hi Martin, that was exactly what I did... trying to release the catches from below with the front edge of the beocord sticking out over the lower part.

However, I was having trouble releasing the catches and lifting up the panel. Maybe all 3 catches have to be released simultaneously? I'll try again...

krais
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 136
Silver Member
krais replied on Fri, May 15 2015 8:06 PM

Got it finally. Required quite some force with the screwdriver pushing up from beneath.

Thanks guys

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS