Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 2500 Cassette Deck Belt Installation

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

dave_n_s
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
dave_n_s Posted: Fri, May 22 2015 8:38 PM

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of the correct belt path?

The one I'm refurbishing had its belt mysteriously disappear before it got to me, which I guess is better than a gooey mess being wrapped round the motor pulley.

The service manual diagram hints at the shape of the installed belt, but doesn't show the installed path.

Thank you!

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, May 27 2015 8:16 AM

Take a look at what I did with the Beocord 7000, and see if this helps.

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/13275.aspx

I think it will be 99% the same belt path, but it will make sense to you when you get it right.. If the belt is too tight, that path is wrong, too loose, the path is wrong ;)

/Weebyx

dave_n_s
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
dave_n_s replied on Thu, May 28 2015 8:07 AM

Thank you very much.

I've learned two things - the 5500 cassette mechanism wasn't used in all the later stacking families and how to install a belt on a Beocenter 2500.

it is indeed the same path and I managed to side the belt flat under the circuit board on top of the drive without desoldering it. I did check that the belt was running free before closing it up and getting it on the white roller required a watchmakers screwdriver to stretch it into place. 

When I powered it up though, the tape didn't run  - in fact after selecting tape the system went into standby after 5 seconds or so.

I noted that the head rotating mechanism wasn't properly engaged and so disassembled enough to where I could drive the belt with a finger with the tape loaded and power on. That got it running. 

i've seen this before on a 5500 - with the belt failed the mechanism gets out of synch and it needs to be exercised / helped to get back fully synchronized.

Is this documented anywhere? 

I'd expect there is a better method than the one I described above to get a deck running properly.

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, May 28 2015 9:27 AM

dave_n_s:

I'd expect there is a better method than the one I described above to get a deck running properly.

If it works, I would think that it is synchronized fine ;) Don't know of another way..

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS