Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BURNING A DOWNLOAD TO CD?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Dave Hutton
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 71
Bronze Member
Dave Hutton Posted: Tue, May 26 2015 2:12 PM

Hi - advice please.

I'm going to buy the current Pink Floyd album to complete my collection, I'd rather like the vinyl version and I see that it comes with a 'download' code.

I'm assuming I can add this to an iTunes library but I was wondering if this could be put onto a cd?   I guess I ought to buy both but as there is a download and its possible to put onto a cd for use in car etc that might well do the job.

I have an iMac with a cd writer in it and some blank 700mb cds. I'm guessing it'll need two as its a double album?

Anyone done this?

I understand that Pink Floyd won't be everyones taste so we don't need to discuss the merits of the album (unless you really want to Smile )

Cheers

DJ

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Yes, you can burn it to a cd.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Dave Hutton
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 71
Bronze Member

leosgonewild:

Yes, you can burn it to a cd.

Thanks for that - I'll pop down and get it with my pocket money  at the weekend (that might have been true back in 1972 !)  

DJ

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, May 26 2015 2:28 PM

Of course :) Just drag the file into iTunes. Make a new playlist and you can burn it onto a CD. Select audio files. Burn speed, I set mine to 8x and that's it. :) Njoy :) How wonderful CDs and Vinyl how retro :)

Dave Hutton
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 71
Bronze Member

Paul W:
How wonderful CDs and Vinyl how retro :)

We'll be saying the same about cars too soon Big Smile

I've looked at iTunes and seems that entirely possible ! wonder if it'll cram onto one cd - that would be handy

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, May 26 2015 2:59 PM

Probably not as they are 80mins UNLESS your car CD player plays MP3 encoded CDs, then you could as long as its MP3 burn them as an MP3 to the CD!

Well certainly with cars, anything to reduce pollution and clean the air that we breathe to stay healthy :) Maybe the Apple car will be the first of a truly clean form of transport :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Dave Hutton:

I've looked at iTunes and seems that entirely possible ! wonder if it'll cram onto one cd - that would be handy

the extended/de luxe version runs 1:04:55,

Even that would fit on a CD as CD-A

The downloads are in 320 kpbs quality - should be ok, if listening in a car.

Just remember: burn to CD (not as a data-cd).

Making a MP3 CD would also be possible (if supported), but I guess the (normal) CD will be easier to handle.

P.S. There is a version with 27 tracks - that would not fit on a CD-R. But I wonder if they are all in the download.

P. P.S. I bought the Blu Ray version because of the 5.1 mix - excellent.

M💿M

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, May 26 2015 9:43 PM

The Beoworld General forum section is for everything B&O related.
This thread seems to have no B&O related content so I have moved it to the Lifestyle section.

Martin

Dave Hutton
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 71
Bronze Member

Thanks for moving, I didn't know there was another selection at the bottom of the page , I just chose the most appropriate from the list on the right - learn something everyday!

promise I'll play the album on my B&O deck though :-)

DJ

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS