Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 8000 tuner niggles

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason Posted: Thu, May 28 2015 10:09 AM

I have 2 little tuner issues that I'm having trouble getting to the bottom of and hoping someone can shed some light on

1. When I stand near the bm8000 with my mobile phone the selected radio station will sometimes go haywire , lose it's station and retune into a station of its own choice, no difference with a rooftop aerial or local aerial , I don't image it's signal strength as I'm getting an impressive 9 our of 10 signal on the mpx meter with the rooftop aerial via a booster, probably something I just have to live with but open to suggestions.

2. On auto tune as normal the display flickers between frequencies and tunes in well but in the early and mid 90s it has a tendency to flicker more then stick on that untuned number and won't move past it , It will sometimes be fine if I spin fast through it but strangely on manual tune it works faultlessly .

both of these issues are really just little niggles and just for 100% completeness of the full restoration of my now complete bm8000, bc9000, bc8004, bg8000, cdx and ms150s all bought in a completely non working state

regards Jason

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Thu, May 28 2015 10:52 AM
Really wish I could offer some advice on this but I wouldn't know where to begin on the tuner boards Sad

All I can say is my mobile phone doesn't seem to have any effect on my BM8000.

Sure somebody knowledgeable will be along soon with a few pointers.

Good luck Jason.

Lee

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Thu, May 28 2015 11:12 AM

Thanks lee, 

Weirdly half my enjoyment of this system has been the tinkering and for me makes the experience of using it more pleasurable ☺️

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Thu, May 28 2015 4:57 PM

Hi,

Methinks there are two possible issues here, as regards the lack of stability.

Have you checked for ripples in the 5V power supply? Have you replaced any caps at all?

Have you checked the processor board? The tuner board? Voltages everywhere?

The fact that you find it hard to change frequencies when auto-tune is engaged seems to be a "feature" of the system. You need to accelerate the wheel a bit to go up or down the scale.

My two BM8000 don't do anything odd when the mobile is in their vicinity. But hiss rises significantly.

Jacques

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Thu, May 28 2015 5:14 PM

Hi Jacques ,

every cap on every board have been changed,

Resoldered lots of joints on the cpu board and hard wired both tuner boards and cpu and display boards.

where you say a feature of this system, does yours do the same unless you accelerate faster on auto tune ?

i havnt checked for any ripples yet as to be honest it's been easy to work around these two issues so have got on with the beocords , only looking back at it now as I've finished the other pieces and I'm a bit of a perfectionist 

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Thu, May 28 2015 5:15 PM

Yes I don't think the 2 things are related, they just happen to be on the tuner

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Thu, May 28 2015 5:20 PM

Jason :

where you say a feature of this system, does yours do the same unless you accelerate faster on auto tune ?

Not today. Weird. No flicker. It must depend on the reception conditions. Today is a beautiful cloudless day. My nearest transmitter is 100 miles away.

My other BM8000 is not in use, so I'll have to check on that one.

Jason :

I'm a bit of a perfectionist 

Not necessarily a bad thing Laughing

Jacques

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Thu, May 28 2015 8:42 PM

Jason :

both of these issues are really just little niggles and just for 100% completeness of the full restoration of my now complete bm8000, bc9000, bc8004, bg8000, cdx and ms150s all bought in a completely non working state

Nice system!  That's a lot of weight and surface area!  Would love to see a photo...

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Thu, May 28 2015 10:02 PM

I'll get pictures hopefully towards the end of the year, all our funds have gone into the business building renovation so we are living next door in literally a derelict , the 8000 system is what keeps me sane, pictures at present just won't do it justice 😂

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
Posts 177
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Fri, May 29 2015 10:56 PM

Just been having a play and noticed the tuner is only affected by my mobile when making or receiving a call.

Do any other bm8000 owners get this?

must admit it's not an issue I've ever come across before

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS