Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox MS150.2 restoration project

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Laurentiu Chirita
Not Ranked
Romania
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Laurentiu Chirita Posted: Tue, Jun 9 2015 3:02 PM

Hello friends from all over

I finally got my hands on some Beovox MS150.2 in great working condition (they sound great)

The speakers were refoamed by the previous owner but the wood it's not that great.

So now I'm looking to take them apart, eventually do some recap if needed, but my main concern is how to treat the wood. If someone can give me any info...

Also, I'm looking to buy ***********.  I can't post to section private wanted, don't know why.

Thanks,

Laurentiu = Larry

****** EDIT by Dillen
Read on

Laurentiu Chirita
Not Ranked
Romania
Posts 6
Bronze Member

And after I've done some reading, I think this should go to The workbench area...or not?

If there's any admin here, please move this, I'm sorry for my mistake.

TY

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Tue, Jun 9 2015 4:03 PM

Hi
Welcome to Beoworld. Yes, the workbench area is a good place for a restoration project. For your reference, there is some information on the Beovox MS150 series here.  Make sure you post plenty of pictures of your project as you go.  The grill covers are hard to find. I just recently got a full set for my last pair of MS150 speakers (courtesy of Beoworld member Steffen). 

-sonavor

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Tue, Jun 9 2015 4:26 PM

You have to registered as a Silver/Gold member in order to post in the Private Wanted section.

You can upgrade by clicking on your membership details!

Ben

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jun 9 2015 5:12 PM

Sorry that I had to edit your original post but according to Beoworld regulations, sales and wanted ads
must be placed in the appropriate forum sections.
A membership level of minimum silver is asked for (well worth the small fee).
Beoworld will appreciate your support.

Martin
Beoworld Moderator

Laurentiu Chirita
Not Ranked
Romania
Posts 6
Bronze Member

Hi there

@Sonavor: Thanks for you link, I'll start reading it asap, right now I'm like out of time for a few days but hopefully I'll start restoration next week, for the moment I'm just playing some music :)

Also thank's for the hint, I'll try contact Steffen, maybe I'm lucky.

@Ben_S: Thank's also for your reply, I'll update my account also.

@:Dillen: Thank you for editing my post, I wasn't aware and sorry, I'm a new here.

Now, from what I saw in other pictures, my MS look almost the same as those posted by Sonavor but my mid speakers are black and covered with something that looks like a fabric...

I didn't touch it, just a visual check. In Sonavor's pics looks like the mid speakers have a "metallic" look, is there a different rev?

I'll try posting this day some pictures to see what I'm talking about.

Laurentiu

Laurentiu Chirita
Not Ranked
Romania
Posts 6
Bronze Member

Edited, sorry for the 2x post.

Laurentiu Chirita
Not Ranked
Romania
Posts 6
Bronze Member

Ok guys I figured it out.

The mid speakers are from MS150.2 as I read on Sonavor's thread. MS150 mids are with the metallic look and that I didn't knew.

I'll be back with some pictures, hopefully today.

Also please excuse my English as is not native and some speaking/typing errors may occur.

Laurentiu

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS