Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

surface

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael Posted: Tue, Jun 23 2015 8:44 AM
Hi. Are there any surface or surface pro users ?

how do you like it ?

How do you use it with your B&O
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Jun 23 2015 12:02 PM

Yes, Surface 3 pro i5, 8Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD

I realy like to work with it. Despite the general critics about the latest Windows (8.1) 

Especially I like to work with it as a tablet. Sorry iPad users (as said also to myself), once I was used to the swiping functions of the Surface I prefer it above the iPad's. Note: is/was een steep learning curve................... maybe to steep for a lot of potential users.  

It is a great addition to all the other stuff I have.

Use with B&o: direct play to TV with a wireless display adapter; use of JRiver to play stuff on the TV. Browsing this & B&o site. But no app's available (a pitty)

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Carolpa:

Yes, Surface 3 pro i5, 8Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD

I realy like to work with it. Despite the general critics about the latest Windows (8.1)

Especially I like to work with it as a tablet. Sorry iPad users (as said also to myself), once I was used to the swiping functions of the Surface I prefer it above the iPad's. Note: is/was een steep learning curve................... maybe to steep for a lot of potential users.

It is a great addition to all the other stuff I have.

Use with B&o: direct play to TV with a wireless display adapter; use of JRiver to play stuff on the TV. Browsing this & B&o site. But no app's available (a pitty)

Thanks Carolpa. I have a sony vaio tap 20 and have been thinking about replacing it. I'm waiting to see if something happens when windows 10 comes out in July Yes - thumbs up
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Jun 25 2015 3:41 PM

The only reason I didn't get a Surface when I got my iPad Air 2 was a couple of apps that weren't available, but I strongly considered it. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Surface 3 Pro to replace my laptop when it finally dies. While the iPad is nice enough, there are things you can't do with it that are frustrating, at least if you use it in a home environment (networking, etc.) that's configured around the Windows PCs in use.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

May I ask Jeff which apps were the ones that weren't available?  Just interested is all :-) 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 12:11 AM

The app to control my alarm system was at the time only Android and iOS, now they have an RT version but not sure about 8.1. Also, couldn't do native AirPlay to the PlayMaker in any way I could figure out and since I only use Spotify on the iOS device that was limiting. Plus there was an audio measurement and simulation app Audio Tools by Studio Six Digital that I use fairly extensively that's not for anything but iOS. My main audio programs for serious calculation and bench measurement are Windows programs and work well, but that little portable iOS app was very useful, especially when I do field measurements and such. Really amazing little app, if you buy their calibrated mic and a few optional modules you can do amazing measurements on a tablet or phone that used to take a room full of gear.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS