Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Century No Sound Please Help

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

alexdeyo
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
alexdeyo Posted: Wed, Jun 24 2015 12:28 AM

Hi I wondering if anyone can help me,

I have a Beosound Century. I started having problems with it some time ago. The CD player lost the ability to detect CD's so I put it away for a bit then got it out again some years later and it randomly started functioning again.

It then suddenly stopped playing sound out of the speakers on all of the functions Radio, Aux, Tape and CD. Even though all the functions were lighting up on the display and otherwise working fine with the IR remote.

I have also tied using headphones no sound. Randomly after along time in storage or turned off the speakers will start working for a limited time..

Its very frustrating I have no idea how to fix it.

Alex

ipaul
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 422
Bronze Member
ipaul replied on Wed, Jul 8 2015 10:00 PM

...so i guess you want a tech guy to help you out ?

If the sound comes and goes at times it could just be bad solderings, the cd player maybe a different issue depending on the type.

There are tech guys around on this forum, your location maybe good to know...:)

alexdeyo
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
alexdeyo replied on Wed, Jul 8 2015 10:15 PM

Hi iPaul,

Unfortunately I've had to sell it for parts on ebay as I deemed it a bit beyond me to fix.

However I'm still in need of some help fixing a clicking tone arm on a Beogram 5500 my location is Hackney

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/15713.aspx

Thanks for your response,

Alex 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS