Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

5500 System with Penta Speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Professor David A Flynn JP
Top 500 Contributor
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts 116
Bronze Member
Professor David A Flynn JP Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2015 11:23 PM

Folks I have just purchased a pair of passive Penta speakers which I have connected to my 5500 system, what joy, what sound.  My son has titled them the 'twin towers' at the back of the room.  Super with this system of mine.  That is a further B&O acquisition.  Cleve if you are reading this, yes, I have had a very serious bout of the VIRUS again.

Prof D

Professor David A Flynn JP LM

Big Smile

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 3:37 PM
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

(Haven't had to write that in a while.)

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member
Professor David A Flynn JP:

Folks I have just purchased a pair of passive Penta speakers which I have connected to my 5500 system, what joy, what sound. My son has titled them the 'twin towers' at the back of the room. Super with this system of mine. That is a further B&O acquisition. Cleve if you are reading this, yes, I have had a very serious bout of the VIRUS again.

Prof D

David,

You seem to be progressing to the 'secondary' stage of the virus, where the 'patient' is ostensibly far more discerning in their purchases!

I did toy with the idea of passive Pentas for my 8000 system but resisted in the end and stayed with the MC120.2s. They are, though, excellent loudspeakers and I'm pleased to read you are enjoying them.

As for the 'tertiary' stage of the disease, that may be a few years off yet!

Cleve
Professor David A Flynn JP
Top 500 Contributor
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts 116
Bronze Member

Cleve - don't bet on it - it could be heading to the third stage very soon, as I have already aquired a BEOSOUND1 and BEOSYSTEM 10 - every room alive with sound!!

David

Big Smile

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
Posts 672
Bronze Member
Professor David A Flynn JP:

Cleve - don't bet on it - it could be heading to the third stage very soon, as I have already aquired a BEOSOUND1 and BEOSYSTEM 10 - every room alive with sound!!

David

David,

I think you have suffered a relapse and are back in the primary stage - you have a Beosystem 10! This doesn't have a very good reputation amongst some of the brand's afficionados. Danish design but Japanese manufacture; no Dolby on the tape deck; no auto reverse and unsophisticated single unit loudspeakers.

That's the standard view of the piece but I bought one new in 1991 and I still have it. It has been my portable radio of choice since then and until I bought a Beolit 707 last year. It has served as an amplifier for both a CDX and a Beogram 1700 and has even driven my S45.2s in a moment of crisis. A much maligned piece of kit. Interestingly, Martin ('Dillen' on this site) has recently parted with one with bespoke red speaker grilles.

Cleve

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS