Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSystem 4 discontinued?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff Posted: Thu, Jul 2 2015 8:02 PM

I just spoke with a dealer in New York who said that the BeoSystem 4 is no longer being manufactured. He said that since all of the sound processing is now being included with the B&O televisions, that there will no longer be external beosystem AV processors. Is there any truth to this?!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Might be - if the don't sell, they probably will be discontinued.

Personally I have heard anything yet, that could confirm it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 8:50 PM
Way before the Avant was coming out it was said that in time there would be no Bs 4 which is a shame as everything would be done by the tv!

I think that/they should do a Bs 4 with 4k it wpd be a good seller...
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 8:55 PM

Bv7Mk3:
Way before the Avant was coming out it was said that in time there would be no Bs 4 which is a shame as everything would be done by the tv!

Agreed. I've always said that B&O need to put more marketing muster behind their "brains boxes." Beosystem 3/4, etc. I think a B&O "receiver" like the Beosystem 4 would be a GREAT seller if they'd put their marketing muster behind it. To the lay public, rather than looking like an overpriced television, a Beosystem 4 "brains" may seem more palatable for the price. Especially if they incorporate Beolink Gateway, picture processing, sound processing into one box. A one stop solution.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Bv7Mk3:

After a BSys4 comes a BSys5....

If standalone or just integrated...time will tell.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 9:29 PM

I would buy a BeoSystem 4 IF I knew that it would be upgraded to support 4K and Dolby Atmos. Otherwise, there is no point for me to upgrade from a BeoSystem 3 to a BeoSystem 4. For a wall-mounted screen, it just makes sense for the processor with all of the sockets to be a separate unit that can be hidden away for cable management. In today's fast-paced technology, it's quite affordable to replace a tv screen every few years. However, it's not so affordable if we have to replace a B&O screen with built-in AV processing.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
Beosystem 4 isn't EOL. I would expect a successor when the time is right as well. Cool

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:33 PM

BeoMegaMan:
Beosystem 4 isn't EOL. I would expect a successor when the time is right as well. Cool

Have you heard of a time frame as to when this successor might be coming? Is it same to say that one shouldn't buy a BeoSystem 4 with the expectation that a firmware upgrade will add Dolby Atmos and/or 4K?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:35 PM

I meant "safe to say" -- not "same to say." Autocorrect combined with the inability to go back and edit posts on Safari can get quite frustrating.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS