Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can someone identify please?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

makepeace
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Gold Member
makepeace Posted: Mon, Jul 13 2015 8:47 AM

Was looking for details on my mother's BeoMaster/Centre. It looks a lot like the BeoMaster 1500:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=325

But has a record deck AND a cassette deck (and no wood surface). It needs some work now - but wanted to track down the model number to be able to make enquiries. The site seems to be missing that model in the database - can anyone help with identification?

Secondly - is it worth spending money to get these older systems working properly again? She has had it from new.

Ewan

makepeace
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Gold Member
makepeace replied on Mon, Jul 13 2015 8:54 AM

Hah - didn't spot that the model numbers were not sequential by year. The item is in the database as the BeoCenter 4600:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=402

It makes me so nostalgic just looking at the picture - that is the record deck I had to battle my father for access to (he with his classical, me with my heavy metal - Saxon, Iron Maiden and Bat out of Hell in Blood Red Vinyl (still have that one).

So - apart from the obvious emotional connection, is there any logical reason to bring this system back to full working order?

Ewan

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jul 13 2015 9:03 AM

Sounds like Beocenter 4600.
Always worth restoring.

Martin

makepeace
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Gold Member
makepeace replied on Mon, Jul 13 2015 9:36 AM

Martin,

Keith predicted you would know Smile

She lives in UK but I am in Singapore (and soon Bali) so this will be a long distance operation. Who would your recommend in UK to do the work?

rgds,
Ewan 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS