Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram tx 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 Posted: Sun, Aug 23 2015 10:28 PM

I recently obtained a tx2 that is not working properly. The problem is that when I place a disc on the platter the tone arm moves to the beginning of the disc though the tone arm does not drop, the arm just runs across the disc then returns and shuts off, could there be a problem with the sensor bulb? I see no light coming for the bottom of the sensor arm, should there be any?

thanks, john

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Mon, Aug 24 2015 3:26 AM
The "sensor arm" isn't actually a sensor at all on these decks. It merely displays 33/45 rpm on the end.

Have you got a cartridge installed and the correct downforce set on the sliding scale on the tonearm?

Lee
Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Mon, Aug 24 2015 11:49 AM

Yes have a cartridge mounted,set tracking force, seems arm drops a bit,though not enough into the record groove, just above record,then the arm goes across the record,returns and shuts off?

thanks,john 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Aug 24 2015 3:18 PM

Sounds as if the carriage has come off its front rail - or the rail snapped out of its holder(s) and now sits too high.

Martin

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Mon, Aug 24 2015 11:29 PM

I thought that also, though it seems to be in place, though the arm seems to get hung up and not drop completely, have taken the carriage off numerous times to double check but the carriage seems to be In place properly? I am kind of puzzled at this point

john

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Mon, Aug 24 2015 11:45 PM
Could you post some pictures for us.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Check that the white rod in the back is working properly and the wire/rod is attached and not bend, the whole thread here

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Tue, Aug 25 2015 11:22 AM

Il'll try at some point later today,.

thanks, john

Rvw67
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Rvw67 replied on Wed, Aug 26 2015 1:08 AM

I spent some time adjusting carriage assemble and I have seem to have it working to some degree, thought it still needs some fine tuning. I find that the carriage assembly seems to be very sensitive to adjustment because when I put the cover on the tone arm assembly and went to try out it  the tone arm dropped and  the cartridge just   slide across record, took off cover and was able to get it to work, though it seems when I press play the tone arm seems to come up a tad short to the beginning of the record? Will try to spend some more time on it tomorrow night thanks for all of your suggestion, any more input greatly appreciated.

regards, john

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Aug 28 2015 6:42 PM
The set down point set up procedure should be in the service manual and is commonly needed to be adjusted.

Dave.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS