Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Will Beogram 3300 work with a Beomaster 4500?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

geney
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
geney Posted: Mon, Aug 31 2015 3:15 AM

I have a Beomaster 4500, and I am considering a Beogram 3300 turntable -- which I gather does not have the RIAA pre-amplifier built in. 

Does the Beomaster 4500 *only* work with turntables that have a pre-amp? The information I'm finding in my research is somewhat confusing...

I know that the Beogram 4500 (which I would prefer, but I can't find one!!) has the pre-amp built in, but my understanding is that this is only a concern if I were to connect it to the Aux input.  Would the Beogram 3300 work if I connect to the Phono input?

I'll be grateful for any help and tips for this Beogram neophyte!

Gene

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

In my set up I have a Rega Planar 3 connected to a preamp which is connected to the phono stage of my Beomaster 4500, worked great for a couple of years now

jrtv
Not Ranked
Tampere, Finland
Posts 10
Bronze Member
jrtv replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 7:13 AM

If your Beomaster 4500 doesn't have build-in RIAA, you need external one. I recommend Pro-Ject Phonobox. Then you need special cable, which direct sound via Phonobox and data straight from Beogram to Beomaster.

But you can use older and more common Beograms with your Beomaster, that's for sure.
That cable is easy to do yourself, if you know how. I have done it, and it works perfectly. I use it between my Beogram 9000 and Beomaster 7000 with that Phonobox.

Hi, I'm looking for Beogram 4500 with a good needle.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

The vast majority of Beomaster 4500's do not have a built in RIAA pre amp, although one was available as an accessory back in the day. (rare as hens teeth!)

You will therefore need an external RIAA pre amp to use a Beogram 3300 with your Beomaster 4500. I suggest that you contact Steve at Sounds Heavenly who will be able to supply you with a complete external RIAA kit including cables. Click on the Sounds Heavenly advert at the bottom of this page. 

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS