Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 2000

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Angelique
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Angelique Posted: Tue, Sep 8 2015 5:24 PM

Just taken delivery of a Beocom 2000, 1986 vintage. Generally in very good condition but am unable to adjust the ringer sounds. Apparently there are 10 from 0 to 9. Found the control (I think) under the front plate and just above the Pulse/Tone switch. Looks like a small white plastic/nylon slider. No evidence of any numbers and the little switch will not move. Perhaps it has frozen or oxidised or perhaps I have missed something… any suggestions would be most useful.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
If the switch is similar to the Beocom 1000, it should rotate. Try it gently in both directions.

Dave.
Angelique
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Angelique replied on Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:33 AM

Thank you for that, I checked the phone but was unable to find any adjustment control so decided to open the phone and examine more closely. I have the tone/pulse knob working fine and the main volume control near the handset. There is no evidence of any other control switch to change the ringer settings as shown in the manual. I am wondering if as this is a very early model of the 2000 that it did not have the ringer change facility. A similar situation occurred with my very early 900K radio, some had a multiplex decoder fitted for stereo broadcasts and some were not fitted with one and it was an optional add on. There does not appear to have been any tampering of the phone so I guess that I must just accept the current ringer sound.

Thank you again, Alistair

Angelique
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Angelique replied on Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:57 AM

Further to the above, I accidentally came across a similar query and discovered that the ringer settings are set on this phone via the keyboard and not as described in the manual. This clears up the problem. Terrific as it seemed a bit strange not to have this facility. Thanks again, Alistair

GreyGardens
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hi there

I have exactly the same problem, having recently purchased a Beocom 2000 with no dial to change the ringing tones.

Could you tell me how to set up the tones via the keypad?  I'd be very grateful!

Kind Regards,

Richard

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS