Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New: BeoPlay Connection Hub

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 5 Followers

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, no-one from B&O has responded to me to clarify the situation regarding the Powerlink input on the S8 Hub, so this socket is best ignored to give you simpler operation for your speakers.

To clarify, Beolab 14 does not have a surround sound processor, it simply has multiple power amplifiers built in.  The S8 Hub is a stereo pre-amp only, so it will give stereo sound to a Beolab 14, not surround sound.  To get surround sound from a Beolab 14, you need a full surround sound processor or pre-amplifier.

If you need any help with cables for your system, please contact me directly at www.soundsheavenly.com and I will be happy to help!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Fri, Mar 25 2016 11:04 AM

Thanks. I will probably take another 2-3 weeks to finalize my decision, but will for sure not forget to reach you on provided web-site for the respective cables.

Do I understand you right that the issue about the PL-Input may not even impact me/ I need the PL-Output and still have 2 (or even 3?) other inputs for the Essence, my non-B&O televion (and a third device?). But no need to even use the PL-Input?

Possible to connect a pair of BL3, but also a BL2 to the Connection hub? Or just 2.0 and not 2.1?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You only have to worry, if you use the PL-in AND one or more of the other connections.

Just PL to the BL2 and from there to the BL3's.

Using a PL-splitter might also be possible.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:02 PM

Millemissen:

You only have to worry, if you use the PL-in AND one or more of the other connections.

Just PL to the BL2 and from there to the BL3's.

Using a PL-splitter might also be possible.

MM

Thanks. Not sure whether I fully understand. You are saying that things work with my BL2/3 combo as long as I have two devices conected (e.g., non-B&O device and a Essence), but once I connect a 3rd one, I am getting problem with the PL-Out trigger?

Have the BL issues (speakers always on or big hiss) described by 1990 earlier in this thread of this post been resolved?

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Tue, Mar 29 2016 4:47 AM
any thoughts? thanks in advance for your help!
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi,

Yes, you can use the optical and minijack inputs on the Hub without any issues, there should not be any noise problems if the correct cables are used.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Playlink
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member

You can connect power link speakers directly on the output power link socket :) (Not assuming anymore;)

It works for all powerlink Bang and Olufsen loudspeakers.

terto
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
terto replied on Thu, Mar 23 2017 8:30 AM

Hi,

I have problems getting my my setup to work. I'm trying to connect my Samsung 8005 tv to my Beolab 12-3 using the bang & Olufsen connection hub.

1. I've set the tv audio to optical and connected an optical cable from the tv to the connection hub.
2. I've connected the rj45 cable that came with the connection hub the speaker nr1. I then ran a second rj45 cable (shielded) from speaker nr1 to speaker nr2.
3. I've connected the tv remote to the connection hub.
4. I've tried all the different speaker settings. Powerline, line 1 and line 2. But I only get low speaker volume in the speakers and a constant hissing noice from the speakers. Please help me, i'm getting frustrated.

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
Posts 172
Bronze Member
davidr replied on Thu, Mar 23 2017 3:39 PM

terto your set up should work, few questions.

When you switch on your samsung tv, does the LED on the S8 change to white? If so good sign, that means the optical signal is being detected. If not the TV and / or toslink cable is incorrect.

Does the 12-2 LED switch on green? If so that means the cabling is correct and triggering is working. If not that means the cabling or speakers are at fault. Also check if it does switch to green that the S8 is not muted. The S8 has three IR commands, vol up, vol down and mute. It's very easy to confuse & program the S8 with overlapping IR commands.

Try pairing a different remote.

Also are you confident the speakers ever work before?

terto
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
terto replied on Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:25 PM

Thanks for your feedback davidr!

I've now managed to make it work. I went back to the reseller since I suspected some issues with the actual hub. The reseller did not believe me, but he gave me two other units so that i could test it out. I placed one of the new units in the same layout as the first unit and everything worked directly. Even the hissing noice disappeared. 

I then noticed that some of my tv channels (SD quality) did not have any sound in my smart iptv app. But after a little fiddling with the settings in the tv I now have sound out of the speakers. I changed the audio format to PCM from dolby digital.

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
Posts 172
Bronze Member
davidr replied on Thu, Mar 23 2017 10:13 PM

hunh okay so it was DOA, well happens I guess.

Micha77
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Micha77 replied on Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I intended to buy a Beolab 7-2 for my Panasonic TV. I will also buy the connection hub ofc. Connect the Beolab to the output power link socket on the hub. Then connect toslink between tv and hub.

Now to my question. I want to connect a Chromecast Audio to the hub with minijack 3.5mm. But when I stream spotify to the chromecast will the beolab turn on automatically?

Playlink
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Playlink replied on Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:29 PM

Yes, its is possible. It has auto audio sense. 

Regards

Raymond

www.installsolutions.nl

Playlink
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Playlink replied on Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:30 PM

Yes, its is possible. It has auto audio sense. 

Regards

Raymond

www.installsolutions.nl

Micha77
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Micha77 replied on Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:50 PM

Wow thanks Yes - thumbs up I really hope so

Koijan
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Koijan replied on Sun, May 6 2018 7:25 AM

So that means I can adjust volume if I use it between my Sony TV and Beolab17?

Koijan
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Koijan replied on Sun, May 6 2018 7:28 AM

So that means I can adjust volume if I use it between my Sony TV and Beolab17?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Koijan,

Yes, the Hub can be programmed to give volume control of the speakers using the TV infra-red remote.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

blakspark
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
blakspark replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:50 PM

Hi all, have just moved house and plan to put the S8 on my Panasonic tv. via the hub and optical 

i also want to run my airport express into the hub for AirPlay, will the hub switch between the 2 sources and should I go aux from the airport to the Hub or use the power link cable that originally came with the S8. I had a version before the hub?

blakspark
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
blakspark replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:50 PM

Hi all, have just moved house and plan to put the S8 on my Panasonic tv. via the hub and optical 

i also want to run my airport express into the hub for AirPlay, will the hub switch between the 2 sources and should I go aux from the airport to the Hub or use the power link cable that originally came with the S8. I had a version before the hub?

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi blakspark,

Please connect the Airport Express to the 3.5mm input of the S8 Hub, the hub can then switch between the Airport Express and the TV as required.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 3 of 3 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS