Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 2000 type2917 (touch controls) random standby flickering

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

xyanide1986
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
xyanide1986 Posted: Tue, Jun 19 2012 7:15 PM

So I bought this amplifier/tuner (220V supply version) with the seller claiming it to sometimes switch on standby out of nowhere. This seems a lot more than sometimes.

After plugging it in and leaving it alone for about 10 seconds, it starts to select phono2 and then toggles back and forth to standby randomly. If I hold my finger on the tape select for example, it stays there and toggles the standby a little less frequently. I also kept my phone away to rule out that sort of interference.

I recon the touch controls have gone bad but does anybody have an idea what might be causing it?

I'm an electric engineering student so i'm going to open it up to see what I can find, but I don't know how to service these controls.

*edit* I opened it up and found an impressive construction that makes it difficult to get to certain parts. I did find some easily accessible trim pots under the bottom cover plate so I'm hoping I can trim one these to fix the touch control. Maybe the problem is in a couple of caps, considering the time it takes to malfunction? I didn't take the time to get to the circuit under the 'sensi-touch' panel so i'm not certain what's going on in there. I'll await your answers until I start taking it apart completely. Incidentally it's the first B&O thing I've ever owned but i'll spare the design praise of these systems. Thanks for reading.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS