Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beogram 6500 pickup carriage move LEFT very very slow and stop

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

danielshen
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Bronze Member
danielshen Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2015 4:01 AM

Dear Beoworld,

I need your guys help for my beogram 6500 with following problem:

1. when push PLAY, the pickup carriage system will move left in normal like 1-2 minutes; Then the system will stop in certain position, and the 6500 always play the same sound again and again (because the pickup system is not moving left anymore); As you can check the video 1;

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM0NzU2NTY1Ng==.html?from=y1.7-2

(pls copy this link to your browser - sorry for that)

2. when push TURN (left) button, the carriage system is moving very very slow; And to certain position, the whole system is stopped; then if I push the LIFT (Right) button, the pickup carriage system is moving in normal speed; As you can check the video 2;

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM0NzU2NjY1Mg==.html

(pls copy this link to your browser - sorry for that)

I do some research by myselft, I found the motor (with small belt) to control the pickup left / right have some problem (however, the lamp is normal - it will be ON when I push LEFT / RIGHT button); The motor will just stop after some while for pushing LEFT button; There are must be something to block the motor to run; 

Any ideas? I really need some help, I can not find any support in my current place;

Thanks!

Daniel

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 9:11 AM

Hi Daniel,

I'd change the motor rubber drive belt for a new one.  The old one is probably stretched and not working properly.  Try contacting member 'Dillen' as the first source for any B&O belts as he obtains the correct ones.

Next, clean and re-lubricate the metal rails that the tonearm system runs on.  The old grease will be dry and full of dust making the movement difficult.

The motor will stop in the left direction eventually as the tonearm reaches the limit of its movement but the video is obviously showing abnormally slow movement.

It does also look (though it's not too clear) that when the tonearm is raised it's not as high as I'd expect - this is possibly also a lubrication issue.

Basically, the TT needs a service.  Clean and lubricate first, change the belt and then start to examine other things.

In the first video, the tonearm carriage has not moved by the look of it and the detector arm and tonearm are a long way off parallel.  It looks like the only movement has come from the tonearm itself to the left and the carriage hasn't moved.  Again, first check the lubrication and the belt.  Also check the rails that the carriage slides on are fixed in their clips properly or that the clips aren't broken.

The service manual for this TT is available for Silver and Gold members.

Dave.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 11:08 AM

Bad tracking, either the lamp or the LDR or both.

Martin

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 12:58 PM

This thread with similar symptoms may also be related to your problem:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/16994.aspx?PageIndex=1

Fixed by adjusting the sensor arm.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS