Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1000 as my first turntable!

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

aaensvendsen
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
aaensvendsen Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2015 12:15 PM

Hello, i'm sorry beforhand for both my poor english and that i am a novice to turntables (never even touched one) and i have on my hand a Beogram 1000. The seller says that he doesnt know about the condition of the turntable as he never has tested it because he doesnt get power to the motor ( i believe). he says it might be a breaker that has gone but is there normally a breaker that is not automatic on these? 

so i was thinking if i can get it up and running i might change the needle and do a service to it, like cleaning all the parts and oiling them up again with the correct oil or grease. i have technical experience as i am a mechanic. as i have been serching through the internet (not actually knowing waht to search for, for spareparts for it). so i was wondering if it is worth it buying something that even the seller doesnt know if is in a working condition, he is asking for 1000nok, roughly 100 US dollars. i might try to haggle on the price. 

i know this is were a very expensive turntable back in the days and was the "rolls royce" of the audiophiles. 

Kristoffer Aaen

EDIT: i might refurbish the base for it (the wooden trim, dont actually know what its called)

MJBeo
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 270
Gold Member
MJBeo replied on Tue, Sep 29 2015 2:13 PM

Welcome to Beoworld,

I would say that is really pricy if the turntable does not work 100%. Here in the Netherlands the turntables in that condition are going for less than 30€ I think. So if you want one, perhaps look for a working one, with a proper needle/element.

Good luck, Mendel

Beosound 5 Encore + Beosystem 5500 + S45.2; BV7-40 MKV + BL7.1 + BL14.4+ AppleTV4; various link rooms with MCL2 A or MCL2 A/V + RL60.2 / CX100 / CX50 & Cona  / IWS2000; BG4000; Beosystem 1200 + BV1600.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Sep 29 2015 2:36 PM

I don't know ...

30 euros purchase.
+ Another 30 euros shipping.
+ 10,7% Import duty from outside EU
+ Import handling fees
+ 25% VAT of it all
100 euros may not be enough to pay for it.

And if you then add no risk of transport damage and a good chance to look and feel before purchasing, the local
Beogram may end up a good deal.
Still, it may be possible to find a cheaper one - or a nicer one. - Or maybe not.
The decision is yours.

Beogram 1000 was never a top range model. It was a very popular model though and for its simplicity a
surprisingly good performer if in good condition.
The techs and mechs can always be repaired and restored and good condition (optical) units are sought after.
Many owners ask me for repairs to Beogram 1000s.

Martin

aaensvendsen
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Thank you very much for the fast answers! i just saw another beogram which was a 2000 for 50$ where the seller says that the belt needs to be changed, and that the stylus/pickup looked to be in ok shape. so i was thinking about that but there the wooden base definetly needs a freshen up. would that be worth it? 

Kristoffer Aaen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS