Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Amazon ban the sale of Google & Apple ...

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark Posted: Thu, Oct 8 2015 1:26 PM

Sure many of you have read that Amazon are banning the sale of Apple & Google streaming devices (ironic when google make their tablet).

But is this not a sledge hammer approach to us their customers, I use iOSX platform but have Amazon Prime so will Apple then turn around and refuse to support Amazon and why can't all these companies work in some form of commercial harmony.

Amazon do not have a streaming eco-system so where does that leave us users. (Yep I know Apple have removed Bose, NEST and Fitbit etc from their store).

But when the biggest retailer in the world starts dropping potential and possible rivals then that leaves an unpleasant message. 

I like Amazon, I like Apple, I like Google and I Like Microsoft (all play a part in my work and social life) so why can't I the paying customer have the ability to choose?

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:48 AM

I suppose as a private company they want to promote their own goods and services not those of others.

I wish my apple TV would also stream BBCiPlayer, Ch5 and Lovefilm - then I wouldn't have to buy an Amazon box as well - as it is I am reluctant to buy the amazon box as everything changes so much and frequently. My LG DVD player stopped streaming Lovefilm at around the same time the Fire TV came out.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Have they banned all Android TV based tv's, then - and the phones/tablets.....

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Oct 20 2015 11:03 AM

Millemissen:

Have they banned all Android TV based tv's, then - and the phones/tablets.....

MM

maybe time will tell MM but it's a strange decision 

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS