Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 2000 Question

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff Posted: Fri, Jun 22 2012 1:22 AM

Anything in particular to watch out for when buying a used Beolab 2000 link room speaker? Any driver foam rot issues? Or are they rubber surrounds?

Thinking of this for my bedroom. 

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 5:08 PM

Anyone? I have one I need to make up my mind about within the next couple of days.

Jeff

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 5:11 PM

The BeoLab 2000 is virtually bulletproof.  I now of no common faults at all - they're a great little speaker.

The only thing i've seen more than once is where they've been stored badly/clumsily whereupon the little plinth which the 'roller' and buttons sit on can snap off..

Lee

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 5:35 PM

Thanks! Certainly seems an affordable way to get a link room set up. Much more reasonable, if less sexy, than a BL 3500.

Jeff

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

I even made a "portable" wireless version to use around the house and outside. It has been a brilliant speaker and I'm thinking of getting a couple more for when we hold outdoor parties. That way you don't have to have the music loud because a couple of them dotted around makes a good sound. I have 2 spare Wireless 1's to use with them.

See here for the thread in the old forums, there is a link to some photos in one of the posts.

Another "plus" over the BL3500 is the fact you don't need the remote to control it once it is configured!

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS