Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New Zeppelin

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 Posted: Thu, Oct 15 2015 5:00 AM
The New Zeppelin landed Big Smile

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

You really do love to argue with MM, don´t you? Whistle

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

He sure does!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 11:54 AM

Nice competitor for the BeoPlay A6. The previous model was always rated excellent.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 12:48 PM

I saw Motorhead has moved into the pleasure toy industry .....

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 1:17 PM
benoit:

Nice competitor for the BeoPlay A6. The previous model was always rated excellent.

Agree Smile

The shape of The new Zeppelin is elegant and the sound is great either even if I didn't listen this new version yet.

Good job B&W ! Yes - thumbs up

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 1:59 PM

I agree the Zeppelin is excellent. A friend has one from a few years back and it is a million times better sounding than my A8. The A8 is so flat, dull, lifeless - thats why it lives in the spare bedroom.

I loved the design of the A8 but gosh, it sounds damn awful. So mid, flat, boring!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 6:30 PM

Another B&O bashing thread and praise for alternatives not even owned or experienced. 

I think that good quality audio equipment is completely wasted on some people.... they praise equipment that adds bass (without control) and moan about well designed units that produce the sound as originally intended. 

Graham

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 6:42 PM

vikinger:

they praise equipment that adds bass (without control) and moan about well designed units that produce the sound as originally intended. 

Graham

Sorry but I own a Beolit 15 and from the beginning I think it has too much bass. I spoke about it on this forum. Is this boomy bassy muffled sound produced by my very nice and well designed BeoLit 15 'as originally intended'?

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 7:09 PM

benoit:

vikinger:

they praise equipment that adds bass (without control) and moan about well designed units that produce the sound as originally intended. 

Graham

Sorry but I own a Beolit 15 and from the beginning I think it has too much bass. I spoke about it on this forum. Is this boomy bassy muffled sound produced by my very nice and well designed BeoLit 15 'as originally intended'?

I know nothing about the Beolit 15 and didn't see it in this thread. I was not suggesting that B&O get it right each time..... In fact your Beolit with too much bass may well suit at least one other person in this thread!

Graham

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Oct 15 2015 7:45 PM

The Zeppelin has landed...oh the humanity!

vikinger:

Another B&O bashing thread and praise for alternatives not even owned or experienced. 

I think that good quality audio equipment is completely wasted on some people.... they praise equipment that adds bass (without control) and moan about well designed units that produce the sound as originally intended. 

Graham

Agree, some people are obviously born Bose customers. And I've bot a Beolit 15, the bass boom is very location dependent, get it away from the boundary wall and the bass boom goes away. It will fill a large room quite well though, something most things that size struggle with.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I prefer Led Zeppelin ;-)

MM

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 6:31 AM

Looks like just another cheap black plastic thingy.
Ugly.
Not for me.

Martin

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 5:47 PM

Dillen:

Ugly.
Not for me.

Martin

Yep. Doesn't look elegant to me.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 9:18 PM

Simonbeo:

Dillen:

Ugly.
Not for me.

Martin

Yep. Doesn't look elegant to me.

I like B&O very much but I really think that it's unfair to speak like this about a renowned challenger... I don't think that the plastic from the BeoPlay A6 (I precise that I like very much it's simple design) looks better than the Zeppelin... And I'm curious to read a documented sound comparaison of both.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:31 PM
@ Benoit

In this forum some people hate others products from others companies.

Bowers & Wilkins make very nice products which sound very good.

Bang & Olufsen don't win every time Stick out tongue

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:44 PM

Correction.

Some people hate the promotion of other products by forum members who have no direct experience of what they are promoting!

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:59 PM
vikinger:

Correction.

Some people hate the promotion of other products by forum members who have no direct experience of what they are promoting!

So If you hate those don't read them !
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You can hardly avoid them ;-)

MM

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Oct 17 2015 1:47 AM

benoit:

vikinger:

Graham

I agree that the Beolit 15 is too much of a "boom box" for my taste. It is not hi-fi (in my opinion) - but a lot of people seems to like it that way.
Sadly, today a lot of people seems to think that good sound is lots of bass and treble - they don't care about the lack of mid-range, which is a big part of natural sound... But, offcourse - if you only listen to dance/techno or similar, this isn't an issue.
The A8 is actually better sounding than the Beolit 12/15. But it does not have enough bass for some people - and then it is "dull and flat" ...
A lot of people today seems to think that Bose, Sonos - or even some very cheap wireless speakers sounds sooo good, because they have lots of bass.

I bought a set of Beolab 4000 a few years ago, from a man whose Family preferred a Beolit 12 instead - because it was sooo easy to move around in the house, and stream their mp3 music from their phones. Who cares about sound quality - it's easy - that's the mantra today.
I'm happy to say, that those BL 4000's sound way better than any of those Wireless "boom-boxes"/all-in-one speakers of any brand that I have heard.

Certain people on this site have been telling us about what "Young people" do and like, for years now.
Well - it might come as an unpleasant surprise...not all youngsters are alike... Actually, a few years ago a friend of mine -at the age of 33 - suddently discovered hifi, after years of cheap crap music systems. He bought some big Dali speakers -and high-end Denon amplifier -and cd-player.
Ok - over the age of 30 he's maybe not young anymore...
But my nephews - who are now in their early 30's - have listened to vinyl records for the last ten years... 

To sum it all up - it's not a question of young people do this, and old people do that... I have seen old people buy crap Wireless speakers and young people buy big hifi systems and speakers.

I haven't heard the new Zeppelin - but I have heard the first one. And I was not impressed... a boom-box like any other of that kind. Far from hifi.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Sun, Oct 18 2015 1:40 PM
Nice post Steffen. I actually quite like the look of the Zeppelin but haven't heard it so won't comment on its capabilities. I expect that like a lot of B&O products, the sound of competitors products are strongly influenced by placement.

I have an A8 in the kitchen between some wall units so it's almost in a 5 sided box and it sounds fantastic with a nice quantity of bass - I like it as do many of the 16 year old school friends of my step-daughter who visit here. The same applies to my A2 and Beolit 12 which sound incredibly different depending on where I place them - free standing, against a wall, in a corner etc.

Within streaming services you can alter the sound using their equalisers. I suspect many don't bother and expect a device to sound fantastic (to their ears) just by switching it on, no matter where they place it. This is unrealistic unless it contains the technology that something like the BL90's has.

We all expect or demand different things from our products. Manufacturers must have nightmares trying to satisfy us all!

Dave.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS