Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram TX/6002 arm moving too slow

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix Posted: Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:12 AM

When I hit "play" everything works as intended, but the tangential arm itself is moving too slow , After playing 1/3 of a record, the pickup arm is angled towards the center og of the record, maybe 10 to 15 degrees!!!

I cann see, that the spindel itself (the one advancing the tone arm towards the center) is moving in small steps, maybe 1/3 to !/2 a revolution at a time - is that correct or should it be a contious motion?

All buttons on the interface are working correct, but sometimes, the arm takes an extra journiy from back and forth from the start to the end point of travel, when I hit "stop" - could the issues be related?

So far I have replaced both belts, cleaned/lubricated and adjusted everything around the tonearm acording to the service manual.

what am I missing?

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:44 AM

This sounds similar to this thread this week.  

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/16819.aspx

Have you checked over the comments 'Dillen' makes on that thread?  If you have cleaned and adjusted everything else then these are worth investigating.  The step motion is normal as far as I'm aware as all my decks do the same.  If you use the 'Left' button, does the carriage move freely all the way to the centre?  Or, does it pause at about the same point you mention?  There may be a physical block to the carriage movement, rails not aligned, clip broken etc.

Dave.

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:48 AM

I have clened everything, and there is no bumps or dirt on the spindel - it would also have been my first thought. When pressing the left or right button the arm moves freely, without haning anywhere .

maybe the spindel is slighty bend? Then I need to know how to dismantle it?

Luckely I have an almost complete second deck for spares

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:54 AM

If the carriage moves freely, then I suspect 'Dillens' thought on the detector/lamp is what to look at.

Dave.

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:13 AM

Sounds reasoanble - but what shall I look fore - the light is ON on the tone arm.

I suspect that LDR is short for Light Dependent Resistor - but thats as far as I get

Bad tracking, either the lamp or the LDR or both.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:23 AM

Was the fault present before you replaced the servo motor belt ?

Martin

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:43 AM

I do not  know, the old belt was broken :-(

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:44 AM

I have opend the unit now, should there be visible light at the LDR? 

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:45 AM
Where did you buy the new belt?

Dave.

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:51 AM

local - its not original, and as far as I remember its diameter is 100 mm and wit 1,8 mm - its rather tight - could that make a difference?

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 12:14 PM

further research has revield, that if I manually turn the tonearm towardss the center, (thaht is I push the tonearm all the way to the left, so it touches the other arm) the whole carriage is mooving too :-) Whitch must mean, that the motor gets its signal too late - now I only need to know how to adjust it.  :-)

anyone???

citronix
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
citronix replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 12:44 PM

A small adjustment of the "second" arm, towards center, did the trick - its not 100% parralel to the tonearm anymore, but its hardly visible, and the unit is playing as expected - thanks for all the input.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 12:55 PM

They will only be parallel at rest as the tonearm is offset to the left during playing anyway.  Glad it's sorted.  Well done.

Dave.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Oct 16 2015 3:13 PM

Adjusting the opto would have been the right way.
The LDR is obviously getting weak and it will only become worse.
When you replace the LDR you will have to adjust the opto - now after having adjusted the sensorarm first.

Martin

danielshen
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Bronze Member
danielshen replied on Fri, Oct 23 2015 10:59 AM

Dear Citronix, I have exactly the same problem with yours; Could you kindly send me the picture about the "second arm" mentioned in your solution? You can send me the email to danielshenmail@163.com; I desperately need such solution. Many thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS