Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beovision 10 40" & 46" discontinued

rated by 0 users
This post has 120 Replies | 6 Followers

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 10:25 PM

Raeuber replied on 06-23-2012 12:12 AM
Absolute impossible! Or do you believe the EURO will be discontinued next week?
Raeuber  just the euro now.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 10:29 PM

MartinW replied on 06-22-2012 11:35 PM
Quite possibly the most ridiculous rumour i have ever read on here! BV10 is by far the best selling tv in the current range!
the dealer must be wrong Martin w knows better.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:10 PM

Yar Butch 1 with the knowledge, but seriously dude, it's like Porsche discontinuing the 911  I just don't get it  sling the BV7 with that strap on speaker but come on, the BV10 is art!  I hate televisions but I LOVE the BV10!

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:14 PM

ouverture:

I believe you Butch, the BV12 is now the head turner in the B&O stores with the Beolab 12 flat panel speakers, I was in my local dealer today and their setup of the BV12 and BL12 speakers is taking centre stage, with orders being taken already, yes it is top end, but B&O have set their stall in 2012, get the shop in store displays promoting the most expensive products B&O can produce, and fill the rest of the shop up with B&O PLAY products (which are now the low end products price wise), what is the point of selling anything in between those two stalls, who buys it, hardly anyone according to my friendly B&O shop owner.

Hmm... I've just read in a danish newspaper, that the BV 12 wasn't selling as well as expected. So...Hmm

About hanging the tv's over a fireplace... I don't believe that many customers have a fireplace. Anyway it's not very smart to place a tv too high.
I prefer to have my tv in a height where I don't have to look upwards.

And maybe the upcoming BV 11 is a BV10 with a V1 chassis. Makes sense... 10+1=11 Whistle

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:10 AM

I just hope the Bv11 looks more like the BV10 than the V1.

Ie; looks like it was designed by someone with some real talent and not an ex ikea box maker

Schlaumeier
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 132
Bronze Member
@lukeswiss: abolutely rubbish.

Beste Grüße / Best regards

Schlaumeier

Setup Livingroom: BeoVision 10-40 and 10-32, BeoLab 6000 front, BeoLab 4000 rear, BeoLab 11, Ouverture, Apple TV 2 & 4, Airport Express, 6 x LC2.

Other Rooms: 3 x BeoSound 8, BeoVision 8-26, MX 4002, 2 x Keyring, 2 x Beolit 15, A1, Airport Express, 4 x Beo4, 2 x Beocom 5

Luke
Top 500 Contributor
Basel, Switzerland
Posts 86
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:43 PM

Schlaumeier:
@lukeswiss: abolutely rubbish.

It's also what I told the dealer.... but he was adamant.  He said the only one that will remain is the 32.

The only thing that I could think was maybe the BV-10 was canabolising sales of other more expensive/important TVs. It certainly is one of their best designs.

Either way it seems that some dealers are under the impression that the TV will be discontinued. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:50 PM

Rumors will be rumors. Who cares what the other one says that someone told them? I don't think the dealers always know what will happen, they just have their own ideas like everyone else. The BV10 is a very good looking TV and it probably sells quite well also.  

If it is going to be discontinued in its current form it will probably appear as a new set with a new name - TO MAKE IT OBVIOUS - that it is not just an upgrade but instead a completely new TV. New features, new video engine, new screen? Perhaps a new look? 

I do NOT believe that they will kill of the BV10-price space in favour for the V1 and the BV12. That would be extreme polars and impossible to do. I don't think alot of people want to buy a plasma today (sounds old compared to LED even if it might be better in some ways). And the BV12 is also VERY expensive and very big. AND not possible to mount on a stand, just on the wall!

So can't we just wait and see what happens? Perhaps they will keep the current 32" model with a slight price adjustment when they introduce the "new" BV10 chassis with a new name and new sizes, probably up to 55" inches. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:18 PM

Hmm... I've just read in a danish newspaper, that the BV 12 wasn't selling as well as expected. So...Hmm

About hanging the tv's over a fireplace... I don't believe that many customers have a fireplace. Anyway it's not very smart to place a tv too high.
I prefer to have my tv in a height where I don't have to look upwards.

And maybe the upcoming BV 11 is a BV10 with a V1 chassis. Makes sense... 10+1=11 Whistle

I personally like beovisions on motorised stands steffen,thats one of the things that make them unique,like a sculpture.av9000,avant,bv5,bv9 etc.You cant do mutch with design when its hung on the wall,the bv 4 looks like any other,bv10 looks unique though.I know alot of people who have tvs mounted above fire and ceiling speakers,very neet,but not my cup of tea.It takes the focal point away from a lovely roaring fire.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Bronze Member
butch1 replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:22 PM

I also think they should make a smaller beovision like 22",26" like the beovision 6 range,32" is too big for kitchen etc.Loads of people lived quite happily with 28" avants for years in their main room,which is roughly only the same screen size as a 26" lcd.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:32 PM

butch1:

I also think they should make a smaller beovision like 22",26" like the beovision 6 range,32" is too big for kitchen etc.Loads of people lived quite happily with 28" avants for years in their main room,which is roughly only the same screen size as a 26" lcd.

The times are changing quickly. Not many people would buy a 26" for their living room, not even the student in a small student apartment. I do think there could be a market for a smaller kitchen tv perhaps that has built in AirPlay so it can work as a beosound airplay speaker and a videoscreen with airplay mirroring and tv. 

Regarding the BV12 I don't think that kind of TV is very much B&O, just like the BV4. They are just something else with a B&O frame attached - all the B&O electronics is even in a box hidden away (which is good in one way, but it is not even included in the price?). 

Hanging a TV over a fireplace is probably more common in very large rooms, ski resorts or just outdated designs :) 

I agree completely about the moving stands, free standing TVs act more as furniture, you see more than a black box. You see borders, light changes, reflections and space. It really becomes a marvelous furniture without a need to hide its black dead window when powered off.  

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:59 PM

Being honest Michael, i've never known a student that owned a TV, it's all laptops these days! Same with the majority of my friends. As a marketing man, i'd love to see which demographic buys a television these days, i'm guessing the family man, couples and senior citizens.

I really find large screen TVs in a room so offensive but I think I must be a minority here or at least on this site :)  For me, it's got to be books, art and music in a room which is why I guess I liked the design of the BV10.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:04 PM

I agree with Butch on this, a smaller screen BV10 would have been great. I had a 22" BV6 and I really liked that size.

How someone could have a 32" TV in their kitchen is totally shocking to me - are they weaned on TV?

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:04 PM

Paul W:

Being honest Michael, i've never known a student that owned a TV, it's all laptops these days! Same with the majority of my friends. As a marketing man, i'd love to see which demographic buys a television these days, i'm guessing the family man, couples and senior citizens.

I really find large screen TVs in a room so offensive but I think I must be a minority here or at least on this site :)  For me, it's got to be books, art and music in a room which is why I guess I liked the design of the BV10.

It probably differs alot =) I see student apartments with enormous TV´s every now and then. They are so very cheap, 3500 SEK for a 50" plasma. Not very good but they just want a big screen.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
So basically a 6-32 with Apple Tv integrated.

A beautiful classic up to date B&O design, smart and unique.

Compare that to the V1, which I doubt we're it not for the label many would give a second glance in IKEA.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:18 PM

Chris Townsend:
So basically a 6-32 with Apple Tv integrated.

A beautiful classic up to date B&O design, smart and unique.

Compare that to the V1, which I doubt we're it not for the label many would give a second glance in IKEA.

Something like that for a kitchen would be great, but in 22-26" format. 

I do have a V1 in my bedroom and it works very well for that. It replaced a samsung tv and my previous thought was to add a samsung sound bar but it would still not feel very good. Once the V1 was released I knew that was all I needed. I thought masterlink was key but I have not yet missed it in my bedroom. I often fall asleep listening to music from my iPhone in my V1. No need for my old sounddock.

It has a design that throws alot of people off but I think the industrial look is interesting and in white it is very calming. Being made in such a material I think they came to a good choice on design but I loe the aluminum&glass design also. But at 27 years old I can not buy a TV for 8000 dollars to put in my bedroom :)

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:11 PM

I have replaced a 1032 in the kitchen with a v1 40 white. It brightens up and modernises the kitchen. I think the 7s and 10s are classic tvs and would be better off in a living room.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 12:06 AM

Paul W:
Being honest Michael, i've never known a student that owned a TV, it's all laptops these days! Same with the majority of my friends.

Maybe you should expand your social circle...Wink
Quite a few students have tv's. If you're really interested in movies you don't like to watch them on a laptop.

Paul W:

If you find large screens offensive, maybe you do belong to a minority - and not only on this site...
Fact is that the screens are getting bigger and bigger. There is a reason that B&O are not making 22" and 26" tv's anymore.
Very few people I know has tv's smaller than 37" in their living room...

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 5:38 AM

My brother has a 90 inch projector in his bedroom.

Now that's BIG ! Big Smile

Dmc70
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Dmc70 replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 9:58 AM

As of Autumn 2012 Beovision 10 40" & 46" are indeed discontinued. They will be replaced by the Beovision 11 with the new video chassis.

The 32" Beovision10 will remain.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 10:10 AM

Steffen:

If you find large screens offensive, maybe you do belong to a minority - and not only on this site...
Fact is that the screens are getting bigger and bigger. There is a reason that B&O are not making 22" and 26" tv's anymore.
Very few people I know has tv's smaller than 37" in their living room...

32 inch only;  I'm in a minority ... Sad

Anyone else?

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 10:30 AM

Guy:

Anyone else?

28" Avant Surprise

Tim

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:31 AM

ngnear:

Guy:

Anyone else?

28" Avant Surprise

Tim

AV 9000 from 92'............................... and I love it! Stick out tongue

- Dennis

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts 305
Bronze Member

beocentre 26!  But also a BV8-40 in the living room...don't need anything bigger!!!

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 1:03 PM

Last week, the UK price of the BV10-46 was reduced by £1600 with the BV10-40 reduced by £1000.  

I think this pretty much answers the 'discontinued' debate! 

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 1:20 PM
Beovision 6-26 today. This weekend my V1 is delivered! I am looking forward to it!
valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 1:24 PM

Guy:

Should we have a minority forum.... or is there to few of us 32inch and less BV owners ?

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 1:43 PM

Hehe Valve1 great idea!  Damn, I remember when 32" was considered totally extravagant! Each to their own!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 3:31 PM

Good idea - I also have B&O in 14, 21 and 28inch, all CRT!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 4:14 PM

Paul W:

Last week, the UK price of the BV10-46 was reduced by £1600 with the BV10-40 reduced by £1000.  

I think this pretty much answers the 'discontinued' debate! 

Correct. Although my dealer wouldn't confirm, he hinted that the BV10 will end in it's "current form" by October. So, BV11 definitely replaces the BV10, with a more aggressive price point, which is good news. No masterlink though.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 4:52 PM

Wow great news there Moxxey! So a BV11 maybe looking as amazing as a BV10 and a more 'affordable' price!  That's a marriage made in Heaven! That makes the V1 sooooooo last summer ;)

2012martin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 202
Gold Member

I was told the other day from my dealer that the new bv10 will be coming with a v1 chassis. He also said that the price will stay the same and he also said that it will still have masterlink.

Who knows hey just thought I'd share with you all what I was told

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Having just bought a 10-46 and happy with it, what technical improvements could you expect or even notice over the current system using the new chassis?

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 5:56 PM

I went to Struer with Beoworld and we saw how the production worked with the Alu parts. And, looking at the process, it is very expensive, and sometimes just small details can cost quite a bit extra.
I.e., how (or in what direction) the frame is polished in the BV10, or the size of the holes in the speaker cabinets.
I think that the designers could (or should) do a better job if they design the products, think a little more on the cost of production. For some time now (some years) many customers do not want to pay a lot of $ for tiny details. That might be OK for the VERY expensive sets like the BV4.
And the TV range is far to big for a company like B&O:
- V1 32-40"
- BV10 32-46"
- BV7 40-55"
- BV12 65"
- BV4 85-103"

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 5:57 PM

Probably nothing picture wise Chris but sound wise, it will gain all of those new settings which the V1 has.  Very very risky changing the design of the BV10, it must be a very similar situation with Porsche and how it updates its 911!

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:39 AM

Paul W:

Wow great news there Moxxey! So a BV11 maybe looking as amazing as a BV10 and a more 'affordable' price!  That's a marriage made in Heaven! That makes the V1 sooooooo last summer ;)

So you'll be buying one then???

x:________________________

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 6:20 AM

I just read a B&O advertise yesterday, that in Denmark there is a discount on aprox 1.500 EUR on the 10-46 and aprox. 1.100 EUR on the 10-40.

Looking forward to see what will come afterwards.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:28 AM

Of course not Jonathan.  I can like something without ever needing to buy one.  I love the designs of these products but i'm not a television person and never have been.  The great outdoors is my thing!

rednik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
rednik replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:10 PM

Paul W:

Probably nothing picture wise Chris but sound wise, it will gain all of those new settings which the V1 has.  Very very risky changing the design of the BV10, it must be a very similar situation with Porsche and how it updates its 911!

How....is B&O discontinuing a mid range TV that has been on sale for about 4 years, in any way "a very similar situation with Porsche and how it updates its 911!" ?

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:27 PM

Rednik, I really don't think I need to get into a discussion with you about that.

It was merely a comment. I tell you, there's some very arrogant, harsh people on this site amongst the diamonds! Is this the kind of people B&O attract? If so, there's no wonder the younger generation are not interested in this brand.

Rednik you have a history of arguing with everything that I write so I think it's safer to just agree to disagree.

What I stated was that the BV10 is a design classic in the family of BV5, BV9 and should evolve just like Porsche have done with the 911!  Anyway lets not argue over a television because, my God, this is low when people are so bored that they talk about something as insignificant as that!

Page 2 of 4 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS