Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Any B&O buffs in Melbourne Australia

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Dalefh
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Dalefh Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2015 1:08 AM

I have just inherited an older (80's) B&O system. Plugged it in and cranked it up today and have noticed a few issues, eg, Beogram 6006 won't move arm past the cleaner before it moves it back again.  Beocord 8002 seems to be stuck on standby and the Beomaster 6000 seems stuck on a preset volume.

Wondering whether anyone would like to take a look at this gear and quote me on fixing?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Plenty of buffs but perhaps a shortage of vintage / veteran repairers ... Let's see who volunteers !

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Im in Melbourne but i don't know anything about the older B&O stuff otherwise I would have gladly given you a hand. 

Perhaps give either Richmond or Camberwell a ring and see if they could recommend someone saying that you have inherited the system.  You don't necessarily have to get it done through them, but they may have a recommendation at least. 

There is a B&O service centre - I've seen the van on Punt Road once, but i suspect this could also potentially be one of the installers. 

Good luck. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS